[N8VEM: 18098] Interest in ECB Prototyping Boards
Edward Snider
2014-05-21 13:08:30 UTC
Hello everyone,

I find myself wanting some ECB prototyping boards for a few projects,
so I am thinking of having some made.

Is anyone else interested in getting some of these?

I am thinking of the one with buffering and port decoding logic
that is up on the wiki. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed

Vince Mulhollon
2014-05-21 13:47:24 UTC
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:08:30 AM UTC-5, Edward Snider wrote:

> Is anyone else interested in getting some of these?

If its the usual $25 or so delivered to USA, I'll buy four.

yoda
2014-05-21 13:57:03 UTC
I would prefer a raw prototyping board - the decode logic takes up a good
part of the board and for some of the things I would like to do (like look
at CPLD or GAL for decoding) the decode logic gets in the way.

Paul Birkel
2014-05-21 14:01:07 UTC
+1 Same desire, same concern/complaint.

Vince Mulhollon
2014-05-21 15:05:00 UTC
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:57:03 AM UTC-5, yoda wrote:

> the decode logic takes up a good part of the board

I was daydreaming that a 6U board would reduce space pressure, at some
financial cost of course.

2014-05-21 17:03:15 UTC
Please remember:<br/>
ECB is defines per standard only for 3HE (3U) PCB....Other version are out of system standard and for user with real 3HE (3U) racks not usable.<br/>
Regards<br/>
Wolfgang<br>

<b>Betreff:</b>&nbsp;[N8VEM: 18102] Re: Interest in ECB Prototyping Boards

-- <br/>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br/>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org" target="_parent">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br/>

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
Andrew Bingham
2014-05-21 16:35:46 UTC
I would be interested in 1-2 of the "normal" ECB prototype boards with the
decode logic.

I have some 8-bit DAC/ADC chips I'd like to play with.

Andrew B

Edward Snider
2014-05-22 01:51:55 UTC
Which board do you mean Andrew? It looks like we have 2 different proto
boards with
buffering and decode logic. The C'T Projekt version, and the other one.

I'm also wanting boards with buffering/decode, so I guess the choice is
between these two.

Ed

'Andrew Lynch' via N8VEM
2014-05-21 22:27:59 UTC
Hi

I uploaded the two kinds of ECB prototyping boards; the prototyping board with IO decode and the C’T Projekt prototyping board.

If you make modifications to these designs please upload the new EDA file sets to the wiki

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

yoda
2014-05-21 23:38:35 UTC
Hi Andrew - these look basically the same - doing I/O decode in slightly
different - wasn't there originally a raw board that allowed you to create
your own interface - for example if you want to do a memory board the I/O
decode is not very useful.

'Andrew Lynch' via N8VEM
2014-05-22 10:10:14 UTC
Hi

No, the plain prototyping board were made with commercial 6"x4" or Eurocard prototyping boards. There never was an N8VEM plain prototyping board made. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Subject: Re: [N8VEM: 18106] Interest in ECB Prototyping Boards
To: n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 7:38 PM

Hi Andrew - these look
basically the same - doing I/O decode in slightly different
- wasn't there originally a raw board that allowed you
to create your own interface - for example if you want to do
a memory board the I/O decode is not very useful.

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:27:59 PM UTC-5, lynchaj
wrote:HiI uploaded the two
kinds of ECB prototyping boards; the prototyping board with
IO decode and the C’T Projekt prototyping
board. If you make
modifications to these designs please upload the new EDA
file sets to the wiki Thanks and have a
nice day!

Andrew Lynch From: n8...-/***@public.gmane.org [mailto:***@googlegroups.com ] On Behalf Of
Edward Snider
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:09 AM
To: n8...-/***@public.gmane.org
Subject: [N8VEM: 18098] Interest in ECB Prototyping
Boards Hello everyone, I find myself wanting some ECB
prototyping boards for a few projects,so I am thinking of having
some made. Is anyone else interested in
getting some of these? I am thinking of the one with
buffering and port decoding logicthat is up on the wiki.
 Thoughts? Thanks, Ed--
Google Groups "N8VEM" group.
from it, send an email to n8vem+un...@
googlegroups.com.