[N8VEM: 16035] Re: 64-Bit version of TASM 3.2 Available for use on Windows 7 (64-bit)
Kuiva Krugger
2013-07-14 18:10:53 UTC
Friends,
I noticed that the firmware builds that were using the default version
of TASM 3.2 were not compatible with the Windows 7 64-bit environment,
so I took the sources and ported it to the contemporary version of
Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
The resultant files are called TASM64R.EXE (RELEASE), TASM64D.EXE
(DEBUG), or just plain TASM64.EXE which is the release version. No
source code changes were necessary, simply a recompile was sufficient to
create a working version.
The new version is posted up on the wiki. I am also happy to forward a
copy on request via email attachment.
Douglas W. Goodall
Santa Maria, CA
can i have a copy of it(TASM64R.EXE (RELEASE), TASM64D.EXE )? i am a student and we are studying about TASM. Thank you!

kuivakrugger-***@public.gmane.org
Douglas Goodall
2013-07-14 19:33:00 UTC
kuiva,

I want to make sure you understand that the version of TASM we are talking about here
is not the one published by Borland, but rather another piece of software meant to assemble
firmware for 8-bit microprocessors.

The Windows 7 port I did can be found on the N8VEM web site, where it is
posted for use
by N8VEM hardware builders to use for generating CP/M-800 v2.2 BIOS code.

If you are not looking for the Borland TASM, and you have trouble
finding my port, get back to me.

Douglas Goodall
Ardhiansyah Purwanto