[N8VEM: 15886] Re: about the subversion server (oops)
Bill Lewis
2013-05-10 12:01:32 UTC
For those of us with checkouts on Windows (using TortoiseSVN) is there a
way to switch an existing checkout to the new server?
Or do we have to do a new checkout and copy local mods into it?

Bill
Sorry I made a typo ion the previous message.
Friends,
Due to unavoidable changes, you will have to access the subversion
server with a more fully qualified domain name.
For example, if you were using...
svn co svn://goodall.com/RomWBW
Now you must use...
svn co svn://server.goodall.com/RomWBW
Aside from this change, things should be stable for about the next two
months.
Regards,
Douglas Goodall
---http://www.linkedin.com/in/douglasgoodall
Wayne Warthen
2013-05-10 19:26:08 UTC
If you are using TortoiseSVN, it is VERY easy to switch the URL. Just
right click on the directory containing your working copy, choose
"TortoiseSVN", then "Relocate...". You will get a very simple dialog that
let's you change the URL for the working copy. Just change the URL from
"svn://goodall.com/RomWBW" to "svn://server.goodall.com/RomWBW". You will
then be able to continue using your working copy just as before. No need
to check out everything again.

--Wayne
Douglas Goodall