[N8VEM: 16906] Update Notice -- Z180 SBC Mark IV board, rev. 1.00
John Coffman
2013-12-30 20:52:08 UTC
To: All board testers

Required update to the rev. 1.00 board:

Pin 7 of the SDcard socket requires adding a 22K pull-up
resistor to VDD (+3.3v).

Detailed information and photos have been posted to the Wiki. Please
contact me
directly if you need further information or clarification.

--John
<johninsd-***@public.gmane.org>
Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
2014-01-21 21:15:23 UTC
Hi John,

the PCB arrived me after 6 weeks(!!! US-Post and German-Post) last week. I
started to built the SBC on last weekend. I have some points to discuss:

- the most IC are standard, but I stopped because LS682 is not in my stock,
the LP2950-3,3 and the MAX3467 (DS8921) - I must see where they are to buy
. The SD-card-connector is with the footprint not compatible to the
SD-card-connectors which I can buy at Reicheklt etc. in Germany
- And the welding of the pins is not so easy like on an 2-layer PCB
- the rings around the IC-pads are very small... I think I lost
welding energy to the GND- area...
- I must weld with higher temperature (more then 320C)
- A question: I use in my system only VG64 connectors because I have only
backplanes with row A+C (ECB-Standard)
- WhatÂŽs aboout the 2 external DMA-signals on Row B? Can I disconnect
them from the bus with jumpers?
- The RESET-logic is "big". What do You think about the origin circuit from
KONTRON in the attachment?

The next steps ub building IÂŽm posting if the last IC arrived me.

Thank You for this interesting board.

Have a nice day

Wolfgang

PS. Is Your new backplane for SIMATIC-TI frame for ECB-formfactor 3HE
usable? Are there any plans to make bigger PCB (6HE)? If yes, then IÂŽm out
because I have standard-ECB-frames defined onlay as 3HE.
To: All board testers