[N8VEM: 18834] Disk IO V3 PCB Order
Kip Koon
2014-10-10 04:15:05 UTC
Hi N8VEM Experts!

I have been wondering if there is going to be another Disk IO V3 PCB order
in the near future. I'd like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks in advance.
Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

<mailto:computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org> computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org

<http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>

<http://computerpcdoc.com/> http://computerpcdoc.com/
Todd Goodman
2014-10-10 13:19:13 UTC
I'd be willing to handle an order of this.

If anyone knows of any changes needed or any reason why we wouldn't
want more of these then please speak up!

Thanks!

Todd
Fabio Battaglia
2014-10-10 13:21:06 UTC
Great, Todd!
This was the second board I built, after the SBC v2. Works beautifully.
I'd like to buy 3x PCB of you do a run.
Post by Kip Koon
in the near future. I'd like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks in
advance.
Post by Kip Koon
Take care my friends.
Kip Koon
http://computerpcdoc.com/
Todd Goodman

Malcom Ramey
2014-10-12 18:37:51 UTC
I'm in for 2

Thanks,

Malcom
Post by Kip Koon
in the near future. I’d like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks in
advance.
Post by Kip Koon
Take care my friends.
Kip Koon
http://computerpcdoc.com/
an
2014-10-10 15:59:27 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Todd,<br>
Please count me in for two of these boards:&nbsp;&nbsp; DiskIO v3<br>
--John<br>
On 10/10/2014 06:19 AM, Todd Goodman wrote:
cite="mid:CADbUL+KbkStKv3WA4de4WOCfFgJNqQoj4NEC9JNdzfavzyrEug-JsoAwUIsXosN+***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I'd be willing to handle an order of this.

If anyone knows of any changes needed or any reason why we wouldn't
want more of these then please speak up!

Thanks!

Todd

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Kip Koon <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org">&lt;computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org&gt;</a> wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi N8VEM Experts!

I have been wondering if there is going to be another Disk IO V3 PCB order
in the near future. I&acirc;&#8364;&#8482;d like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks in advance.
Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org">computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon">http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://computerpcdoc.com/">http://computerpcdoc.com/</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap="">
</pre>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
Vince Mulhollon
2014-10-10 21:23:42 UTC
I'm in for qty two.
Todd Goodman
2014-10-10 21:32:29 UTC
Hi Vince, I've put you on the list and will let the group know when
the boards arrive.

Thanks!

Todd
Post by Vince Mulhollon
Post by Todd Goodman
I'd be willing to handle an order of this.
I'm in for qty two.
Let me know terms, paypal, when you want the money, etc.
G. Beat
2014-10-10 22:26:00 UTC
Todd,

You can put me down for 1.

I need to look at (research) the : Optional "disk change" line read out support.
Specifically how the IBM PS/2 drives (720 and 1.44) handled lines "2" and "34".
I have an old Future Domain ESDI controller (ISA) that had jumpers for regular floppies and IBM PS/2 style.

greg
Kip Koon
2014-10-11 02:59:31 UTC
Hi Todd!
I noticed that the PCB handles 5.25" and 3.5" Floppies which is great. It also handles IDE drives which I also like. I was amazed when I saw a 50-pin connector on board so I read up to see if it was a SCSI interface as I have a few SCSI drives. I was surprised to find out that it was an 8" drive interface! Are 8" drives still around? I was not aware anybody was still using that format. Is 8" media still available? I find that very interesting.
I started thinking of the IMSAI computer with a dual 8" drive unit in the original movie Wargames. I read up on what happened to that machine at one point and it seems that someone found that computer with the drive cabinet in storage and thought the drives would be of no use so they threw them away and kept just the computer which I think got auctioned! :( What a waste! Anyway, I said all this to say is there room for a scsi interface or would that require another PCB? Any thoughts, ideas?

Kip Koon

Wayne Warthen

Post by Kip Koon
Hi N8VEM Experts!
I have been wondering if there is going to be another Disk IO V3 PCB
order in the near future. I’d like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks
in advance.
Post by Kip Koon
Take care my friends.
Kip Koon
http://computerpcdoc.com/
Brian O'Sullivan
2014-10-13 08:45:49 UTC
Hi, put me down for 2 boards please.

Brian
Todd Goodman
2014-10-13 18:58:17 UTC
Hi Kip,

There are certainly people still using 8" drives. 8" media is
available occasionally from people on eBay and other private hands. I
don't know if athana (company selling floppy disks) has any now (they
have them listed on www.athana.com but I haven't checked if they have
them in stock.)

I'll let someone else with more hardware design experience chime in on
a SCSI adapter but my expectation is that it would certainly be a
separate board.

I'm planning to go ahead and order this board as is now and then if we
end up with something else later we can order that then.

Todd
Kip Koon
2014-10-13 19:08:29 UTC
Hi Todd!
Thank you very much for the information. I figured that if the 8" drives were still being used that the SCSI controller would probably have to have another PCB. I'm looking forward to finding time to start putting all these PCBs I getting together! Thanks a again.

Kip Koon

Alan Cox
2014-10-13 22:46:55 UTC
You may be able to do scsi with some of the pio adapters. The Z80 ones are
a bit of a PITA with direction changing but on 68xx at least several
systems bytebanged the scsi bus. Many of the older scsi chips are also
little more than a bus adapter that can also generate irqs for certain
useful events.
Ian May
2014-10-14 05:34:10 UTC
Hi Todd,
Could you please put me on your list for 2 of the Disk IO V3 boards?
RichLeary
2014-10-11 03:17:41 UTC
Todd,

Please put me down for two boards.

Thanks,
Edward Snider
2014-10-11 04:10:42 UTC
Please put me down for 2 Todd.

- Ed
Post by Kip Koon
in the near future. I’d like to get 2 PCBs if possible. Thanks in
advance.
Post by Kip Koon
Take care my friends.
Kip Koon