[N8VEM: 20080] ECB 68030 CPU board (KISS) - updated parts list
John Coffman
2015-09-05 18:29:01 UTC
To all,

I have uploaded a revised parts list to the Wiki which includes the new
revelations about chip speeds which are needed to bring the board up to
32Mhz operation (or 33). I have also relaxed the recommendation on the
ceramic decoupling caps from 0.47uf o 0.22uf. This is in light of my
original board which is running flawlessly at 25Mhz with the original
0.1uf ceramic caps. The requirement for large electrolytic 470uf power
smoothing caps is maintained.

Note: all boards MUST be updated to version 1.1 by the addition of one
1/2" wire, and must use the latest PLD files to program the GAL's on the
board.

For CPU boards with memory up to 256Mb, I strongly recommend the memory
from 1-800-4-memory, eBay item number: 350478815002 or 350478814974
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350478815002 128Mb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350478814974 64Mb

--John