[N8VEM: 20256] Mating connectors for ERNI 214836
Ken Worster
2015-10-19 13:24:11 UTC
Hi all,

Not being able to stomach the price for the AMP backplane and card edge ECB
connectors, I ordered the ERNI 214836 backplane connectors from Mouser.
They fit the 8 slot backplane perfectly and the solder tails are long
enough to reach through the thick PCB. I also ordered ERNI 374542, which
was described as a right angle male connector. Evidently Mouser's
definition of right angle is different from mine, as the solder tails on
these connectors are straight and thus won't work in this application. I'm
assuming the AMP 650947-5 will mate with the ERNI 214836 backplane
connectors, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this or could
suggest a cheaper option.
2015-10-19 14:41:44 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>
On 10/19/2015 06:24 AM, Ken Worster wrote:
cite="mid:e18d88e1-3210-4db0-88aa-***@googlegroups.com"
type="cite">ERNI 374542</blockquote>
From the ERNI pages, this is a DIN 41612 female connector.<br>
The AMP 650947, also DIN 41612, is one of the right angle male
connectors which should mate with it.<br>
I prefer the AMP 650913 connector over the former, because I can
solder the tabs to the mounting holes to make the connector more
stable.&nbsp; With the 650947 you will need additional h/w (2 screw/nut
pairs) for similar physical stability.&nbsp; However, it is slightly
higher in price.<br>
--John<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
Ken Worster
2015-10-19 15:05:22 UTC
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=374542virtualkey58660000virtualkey305-374542

http://www.erni.com/en/products/show/product/374542/

Interesting. I'm seeing it listed as a male connector, but with a much
better pic on the ERNI site that I wish I'd seen before I ordered.

Thanks for the heads up on the 650913. I think I'll order those.
Post by Ken Worster
ERNI 374542
From the ERNI pages, this is a DIN 41612 female connector.
The AMP 650947, also DIN 41612, is one of the right angle male connectors
which should mate with it.
I prefer the AMP 650913 connector over the former, because I can solder
the tabs to the mounting holes to make the connector more stable. With the
650947 you will need additional h/w (2 screw/nut pairs) for similar
physical stability. However, it is slightly higher in price.
--John
2015-10-19 15:00:31 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
On 10/19/2015 06:24 AM, Ken Worster wrote:
cite="mid:e18d88e1-3210-4db0-88aa-***@googlegroups.com"
type="cite">ERNI 214836</blockquote>
Ken,<br>
It is a long document, but the ERNI catalog has pix of their DIN
41612 offerings:<br>
<a
href="http://www.erni.com/fileadmin/medien/downloadcenter/din41612/ERNI-DIN41612-IEC60603-2-e.pdf">http://www.erni.com/fileadmin/medien/downloadcenter/din41612/ERNI-DIN41612-IEC60603-2-e.pdf</a><br>
They do have equivalent right-angle male connectors to the AMP part.&nbsp;
The index of part numbers in the back is helpful.<br>