[N8VEM: 18430] SBC-188 questions regarding Dual SD & BIOS043
Edward Snider
2014-07-13 02:35:57 UTC
Hi everyone,

I have my SBC-188 up and running and I've noticed the Bios (043) appears to
support
the Dual SD card board, which is great. A couple of questions if anyone
knows...

1) Does it use the same port addressing as the SBCV2 using RomWBW? (if not,
what does it expect?)

2) Is it possible to boot into DOS using the SD card, assuming a properly
prepared system on the card?

Also, the BIOS043.zip file up on the wiki appears to be corrupted, I can't
unzip it (tried with 2 different operating systems).
If someone could re-upload it, that would be great. BIOS042.zip
decompresses just fine.

Thanks,

Ed
2014-07-13 04:42:20 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Ed,<br>
As I recall, the SD drivers are present in the source, but a lack of
BIOS Data Area space stopped the integration of the driver into the
BIOS.<br>
The init and read/write calls are operational, but will have to
specifically be loaded with any code at this time.<br>
--John<br>
On 07/12/2014 07:35 PM, Edward Snider wrote:
cite="mid:22d0f0a3-3b00-49c8-bed1-5a14577d90e1-/***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
(043) appears to support</div>
questions if anyone knows...</div>
RomWBW? (if not, what does it expect?)</div>
assuming a properly prepared system on the card?</div>
corrupted, I can't unzip it (tried with 2 different operating
systems).</div>
&nbsp;BIOS042.zip decompresses just fine.</div>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
John Coffman
2014-07-13 15:15:20 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
On 07/12/2014 07:35 PM, Edward Snider wrote:
cite="mid:22d0f0a3-3b00-49c8-bed1-5a14577d90e1-/***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
(043) appears to support</div>
questions if anyone knows...</div>
RomWBW? (if not, what does it expect?)</div>
Device code 0x08 is the setting.<br>
cite="mid:22d0f0a3-3b00-49c8-bed1-5a14577d90e1-/***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
assuming a properly prepared system on the card?</div>
It would need to be the first hard disk driver, making it the C:
drive.<br>
cite="mid:22d0f0a3-3b00-49c8-bed1-5a14577d90e1-/***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
corrupted, I can't unzip it (tried with 2 different operating
systems).</div>
&nbsp;BIOS042.zip decompresses just fine.</div>
My download of BIOS043.ZIP compares exactly with the original here.&nbsp;
Both copies check with 2 different un-Zippers, one on MSDOS, the
other on Linux.&nbsp; I'll send the original by direct e-mail.<br>
--John<br>

Andrew Bingham
2014-07-13 18:27:18 UTC
I downloaded the 043 BIOS from the wiki and used it to program my SBC-188
BIOS two weeks ago and had no issues.

Andrew B.
Post by Edward Snider
Hi everyone,
I have my SBC-188 up and running and I've noticed the Bios (043) appears
to support
the Dual SD card board, which is great. A couple of questions if anyone
knows...
1) Does it use the same port addressing as the SBCV2 using RomWBW? (if
not, what does it expect?)
Device code 0x08 is the setting.
2) Is it possible to boot into DOS using the SD card, assuming a
properly prepared system on the card?
It would need to be the first hard disk driver, making it the C: drive.
Also, the BIOS043.zip file up on the wiki appears to be corrupted, I
can't unzip it (tried with 2 different operating systems).
If someone could re-upload it, that would be great. BIOS042.zip
decompresses just fine.
My download of BIOS043.ZIP compares exactly with the original here. Both
copies check with 2 different un-Zippers, one on MSDOS, the other on
Linux. I'll send the original by direct e-mail.
--John