[N8VEM: 19094] SBC Mk4 Alive
RichLeary
2014-12-13 19:10:17 UTC
I completed assembly of my SBC Mk 4 earlier this week. Testing has gone
quite well and the board has been operated both on the UNA BIOS (V1.00.17)
and RomWBW 2.6.5.

I am having a problem with the ROM drive under UNA and John Coffman has
been very helpful in pointing me to areas to examine.

Bottom line is that this is a great board - a "keeper" in a message I sent
John and the ROM drive is an issue to work through but not a show stopper.

Performance using the on board SD card interface is fantastic. I finally
have a system that can allow me to shut down my 30+ year old S100 - ST506
system for Z80/CP/M projects and dedicate it to 65C02 projects.

Well done John!

Rich Leary
RichLeary
2014-12-21 05:38:47 UTC
Great news - my SBC MK IV is working like a champ. The problem I was having
has been fixed in UNA 1.01.20. Root cause was failure to change file
directory records to reflect use of 8 or 16 bit block numbers,

Rich Leary
2014-12-21 07:55:59 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
On 12/20/2014 09:38 PM, RichLeary wrote:
cite="mid:181767f0-cf0c-454b-8fe6-***@googlegroups.com"
type="cite">
problem I was having has been fixed in UNA 1.01.20. Root cause
was failure to change file directory records to reflect use of
8 or 16 bit block numbers,</div>
And I must thank Rich for his help in tracking down what turned out
to be a software problem:&nbsp; no one else has ever used a 1Mb EPROM on
the Mark IV, so no one else had ever hit the problem.&nbsp; This bug was
a subtle one to track down.<br>
--John<br>
cite="mid:181767f0-cf0c-454b-8fe6-***@googlegroups.com"
type="cite">
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:***@googlegroups.com">***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />