[N8VEM: 15992] RE: Circuit Cellar site...
Andrew Lynch
2013-06-23 13:49:44 UTC
Woo Hoo! Check out the new article on the N8VEM on Circuit Cellar!

http://circuitcellar.com/featured/diy-single-board-computers/

Oscar has put together the N8VEM articles and has done all the work for the
publication.

Congratulations Oscar! This is wonderful!

Thank you very much! Have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

2013-06-23 22:15:32 UTC
This is awesome. Thanks Oscar!

Maybe time to take another run at Wikipedia? :-)
Andrew Lynch
2013-07-17 01:52:10 UTC
Hi! Thanks to everyone for all the great work you've been doing in my
partial absence. Still trying to sort things out and making some progress
but slow and very intermittent.

Would someone please take another whack at the Wikipedia Gods (aka editors)
to reinstate the N8VEM article based on the great work that Oscar has done?
He has singled-handedly done a huge amount of work getting the Circuit
Cellar article published. That may be enough to spur them to reinstate.

Always open for discussion and new ideas. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

2013-07-17 15:17:03 UTC
I left a message for the administrator that ultimately deleted the article
in June of 2012. This appears to be the way that Wikipedia wants such a
request for reinstatement to be made in this situation and is probably the
least likely to generate a defensive posture by anyone at Wikipedia.

Thanks!

Wayne
Wayne Warthen
2013-07-17 19:06:12 UTC
The N8VEM article is now back and active on Wikipedia. At present, it is
undisputed. The administrator completely agreed that the original deletion
was questionable and the new article was sufficient to justify
reinstatement.

It is probably VERY important that a reference to the new article be added
to the Wikipedia article ASAP.

--Wayne
oscarv
2013-07-17 20:50:26 UTC
Wayne,

I'm not a Wikipedia expert,so don't really know how to add to the
article...but the references we can submit so far are

- Commodore Free Issue 67,"Homebrewing Computers in the 21st Century",
http://www.commodorefree.com/magazine/vol7/issue67.html#ARTICLE7
- Circuit Cellar July 2013, "DIY Single-Board Computers",
http://circuitcellar.com/featured/diy-single-board-computers/
- Circuit Cellar August 2013, "DIY Single-Board Computers part 2" (link
forthcoming)

C't Magazin (Germany) should be publishing another article in their Autumn
Hardware Hacks special. Hopefully that satisfies the Wikimen.

Regards,

Oscar.
Wayne Warthen
2013-07-17 21:50:23 UTC
Thanks Oscar. The information you provided is all I need. I can update
the Wiki page with it tonight. Definitely let me know as further
publications occur. It is definitely helpful to have all these references
in the Wiki page to ensure we are not deleted again!

Thanks again to you and Andrew for getting the articles published!

--Wayne
Wayne Warthen
2013-07-18 04:25:59 UTC
OK, I have updated the article with the references and tried to clean up
stuff that was outdated (since the content was a year old).

I have not added the Part II of the article yet -- waiting until it is
published.

Seems like we should be in good shape now -- multiple good references.

--Wayne
Andrew Lynch
2013-07-18 01:52:00 UTC
Great googly moogly! He's right! That's two published articles.

Wikipedia pretty much has to accept reinstatement of the page now right?
Plus the "half article" from before this should be a no brainer.

I am probably not understanding notability again. Thanks and have a nice
day!

Andrew Lynch

Computers",http://circuitcellar.com/featured/diy-single-board-computers/

Andrew Lynch
2013-07-18 01:52:00 UTC
Woo Hoo! Success! Free at last!

A huge "THANK YOU" to the Wikipedia recovery team and especially Oscar for
the lifesaving articles on N8VEM!

Congratulations! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Andrew Lynch

Wayne Warthen
2013-07-19 15:18:36 UTC
That intro needs to be trimmed down, it's supposed to be a summary of the
body. Instead it looks like the summary is the body itself.
Yes, the Wikipedia article could use a lot of work. Much of it is still
out of date. I only took what was in existence previously and did a
minimal update to try and keep it from being proposed for deletion again.
I would encourage everyone to contribute directly to improving the article
-- that is what Wikipedia is all about!

--Wayne
Tothwolf
2013-07-17 15:51:43 UTC
Well, as I said before, generally the least controversial way to go about
this would be to make a request at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_undeletion (WP:REFUND)
to have the previously deleted article userfied. From there, it could be
edited and expanded to include new references and material.

The two main things that will need to be addressed are the material's
compliance with Wikipedia's verifiability policy and notability guideline.
I would /highly/ recommend you have at least /two/ printed, published
sources to help deal with the notability guideline. While in theory only
one might be needed, I can tell you from experience that unless you have
at least two, people will again argue for deletion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability (WP:V)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability (WP:N)
Andrew Lynch
2013-07-18 01:52:00 UTC
That's a great point. Maybe we should hold until the second article is
published? They were sort of giving us credit for one of the online
articles from before. I'd rather not push our luck again though. I'd hate
to go through that argument again when a second article makes it a "slam
dunk". Let's follow the process as best we can. No point in aggravating
them!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch
Max Scane

Andrew Lynch
2013-07-18 01:40:32 UTC
Thanks Wayne! That's probably for the best. Let's see if we can get the
Wikipedia page reviewed again in light of the new articles. I am probably
not the right choice since last time I was pulling my hair out in
frustration and I may be prone to arguing with the refs. That's no way to
get them to see it our side!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

vk5dg
2013-06-25 05:29:50 UTC
Hi Guys,

Just downloaded my copy of Circuit Cellar for July and read the article.
Well done Oscar and Andrew. Looking forward to part 2.

Regards

David
*Sent:* Friday, June 14, 2013 4:05 PM
*To:* Andrew Lynch
--
Altis Investment Management AG
Poststrasse 18, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
T: +41-415601311
www.altis.ch
the individual or entity named herein. If you are not the herein named
Bob Grieb
2013-06-26 01:50:42 UTC

    Just got my copy of Circuit Cellar and read the first article about N8VEM.
About time all the development work that's been done by all of you got some
well-deserved press and visibility.  Nice article too.

   Bob Grieb

________________________________

Wow! The N8VEM article is on their web site!

Cheers,

Oscar.

--
Oscar Vermeulen <o.vermeulen-***@public.gmane.org>

Altis Investment Management AG
Poststrasse 18, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
T: +41-415601311

www.altis.ch
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual or entity named herein. If you are not the herein named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or otherwise make use of this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system.
Bill Lewis
2013-06-27 14:50:25 UTC