[N8VEM: 17535] PropIO V2 Boards Available
Wayne Warthen
2014-03-08 22:47:02 UTC
The production run of PropIO V2 boards has arrived and I am ready to ship
them.

This is v2.01 of the board which corrects the problem with the v2.00
prototype, so no patches are required.

Note that I have not built one of the v2.01 boards myself, but it has only
been changed to correct the one minor problem with v2.00. If you want to
be sure that v2.01 works, you may want to wait until some other builders
have completed the board and proven it out.

Refer to Wiki
page http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/35044530/PCB%20Inventory for my
contact information and stock available. Board cost is $20 and shipping is
$2 US, $5 international.

I am doing a lot of travel for business for the time being, so I will
probably only be able to ship boards each weekend.

Thanks,

Wayne
Edward Snider
2014-03-09 22:57:49 UTC
Wayne Warthen
2014-03-23 02:59:40 UTC
In case anyone was waiting for confirmation that the v2.01 run is working,
I have confirmed they are working well. I built one myself and it works
perfectly with no patches required. Also, I have posted some better
documentation of the board on the Wiki:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/77020760/ECB%20PropIO%20V2.pdf.

Thanks,

Wayne
Andrew Bingham
2014-03-23 21:22:50 UTC
Wayne,

Does the PropIO work with the SBC-188? I have an SBC-188 and a 4MEM so the ProIO would round things out nicely.

Andrew B
Wayne Warthen
2014-03-24 00:59:19 UTC
Hi Andrew,

Well..., I suspect the hardware is compatible, but there is no software
that supports it thus far. You would need to modify the SBC-188 firmware.
John Coffman
2014-03-24 05:57:53 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>
Andrew,<br>
The alphanumeric video output would mesh nicely with the SBC-188
BIOS, which is close to an IBM-PC BIOS.&nbsp; I suspect that the code for
the ColorVDU would be adaptable.<br>
The keyboard is another matter.&nbsp; There was a lot of trouble with the
interrupt handling on the 80C188 conflicting with MSDOS assumptions,
so the ColorVDU keyboard runs off of the timer interrupt.&nbsp; It is
ugly.&nbsp; Since the PropIO board does not generate interrupts, the
keyboard would have to be handled in a similar fashion.<br>
Rather than processing keystrokes into ASCII, the Propeller code
should pass in keyboard scan codes unmodified.&nbsp; Unless the present
Propeller code has a purely transparent mode of operation, then
changes to the Propeller code would be needed.&nbsp; The ColorVDU BIOS
handles all of the keyboard scan code sequences, and I suspect would
be very usable.<br>
--John<br>
On 03/23/2014 05:59 PM, Wayne Warthen wrote:
cite="mid:344c2676-0cd3-4cf8-8b02-baf0bc004c5a-/***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
no software that supports it thus far. &nbsp;You would need to
modify the SBC-188 firmware.</div>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
Edward Snider
2014-04-23 01:28:52 UTC
After putting one of these together and playing with it a bit (using a sbc
v2), I have to say this is a great board.
Seems to have a lot of untapped potential. I'd like to get another one
Wayne to go with the Mark IV I'm building.

Sending Paypal in a moment..

Ed