[N8VEM: 19207] 6x0x-ATX/6U Board - User Feedback
Andrew Bingham
2015-01-15 01:20:00 UTC
All,

The last 4 of the 6x0x-ATX/6U boards just went out to a few people who
contacted me looking for boards.

*Before* I put out a list for names for people who would like a 2nd run of
the board, I'd like to get any feedback from users on if there are any
bugs, revisions, or changes that need to happen.

Thanks,

Andrew B.
oscarv
2015-01-15 22:46:47 UTC
Andrew,

Post by Andrew Bingham
the board, I'd like to get any feedback from users on if there are any
bugs, revisions, or changes that need to happen.
I had no problems getting the board to boot Flex (once I figured out the
jumper settings).

Regards,

Oscar.
Borut
2015-01-16 17:01:58 UTC
Oscar,

Please let me know, what was missing in read-me.txt about jumpers, so i can
correct it.
I am working on FLEX on prototype board so there might be some
discrepancies.
Also, i always maintain that QA shouldn't be done by the developer.

Best regards,

Bo/
Andrew,
oscarv
2015-01-19 09:53:27 UTC
Borut,
Post by Borut
Please let me know, what was missing in read-me.txt about jumpers, so i
can correct it.
Err... it's been a while, good question. Looking back at the documentation,
jumper explanations are pretty much there.
At the time of building, I was somewhat confused because the photo's of
various builders showed quite different jumper settings. But the
documentation pages are pretty clear. Ignore my comment, is what I'd
recommend on second sight :)

Kind regards,

Oscar.
george Harris
2015-01-19 17:44:33 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>
I believe the resolution was that a certain manufacturer used a
different pinout than the original MOS part.<br>
I would suggest checking the data sheet for the device you are
considering plugging in against the pin configuration for the device
on the schematic.<br>
--John<br>
On 01/19/2015 07:11 AM, george Harris wrote:
cite="mid:CADhGvATjSL6_CKUeXmLMPi3=EVimesjqxKt-***@mail.gmail.com"
type="cite">
and the CMOS 6502?&Acirc;&nbsp; It was discussed on the list a while back
if I recall.&Acirc;&nbsp; </p>
moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:***@gmail.com">***@gmail.com</a>&gt;
wrote:<br type="attribution">
0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
padding-left: 1ex;">
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 6:01:59 PM UTC+1, Borut
wrote:
0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
padding-left: 1ex;">
read-me.txt about jumpers, so i can correct it.<br>
Err... it's been a while, good question. Looking back at
the documentation, jumper explanations are pretty much
there. <br>
At the time of building, I was somewhat confused because
the photo's of various builders showed quite different
jumper settings. But the documentation pages are pretty
clear. Ignore my comment, is what I'd recommend on second
sight :)<br>
Kind regards,<br>
Oscar.</div>
-- <br>
Google Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
it, send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com"
target="_blank">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a
moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:***@googlegroups.com"
target="_blank">***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem" target="_blank">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:***@googlegroups.com">***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
george Harris
2015-01-20 08:26:40 UTC
It was the issue with the W65C02S6TPG-14 pinout differences. AG5AT said:

"Clip Pin 1
Solder 3.3K between Pin 2 and Pin 8.
The original other side
The jumper from Pin 36 to Pin 35 accounts for Pin 36 to Pin 8 (Vdd) as Pin
35 is tied to V+."

This was done using a socket as an adapter board. Shouldn't this be
addressed in an update? That way, the only new 65c02 available, the WDC
part, can be used without resorting to board hacks.

From the 6x0x thread on 7/1/14 about half way down.
Post by John Coffman
I believe the resolution was that a certain manufacturer used a
different pinout than the original MOS part.
I would suggest checking the data sheet for the device you are considering
plugging in against the pin configuration for the device on the schematic.
--John
Wasn't there an issue with pinouts between NMOS 6502s and the CMOS 6502?Â
It was discussed on the list a while back if I recall.Â
Post by oscarv
Borut,