[N8VEM: 18042] Minor help with ZCB on the SBC188
Richard Cini
2014-05-09 00:30:29 UTC
All ‹

Does anyone have experience with using the ZCB and the DART? I¹m trying to
get the ZCB working with the SBC188 and I¹m having trouble getting it to
work. I know that the clock is working and that the board is accessible
(checking the chip_selects). I want to get the extra serial ports working
with my SBC188 so I can connect a modem and an ³Intralink² (remember that??)
cable, partially for additional connectivity and partially because I need
something to work on :-)

I¹m using the hardware clock for the DART rather than the CTC. X5 is
configured per the picture (7-9, 15-16) and X6 is set for 5-7 (PHIX to TXCA)
and 8-10 (PHIX to TXRXB). I did do the recommended connection of pins 13+14
so that the Channel_A clocks are the same. I¹ve verified that the clock is
running and is on the right pins of the chips.

Based on this, I think it¹s my X86 programming or how I¹m initializing the
chip. I was wondering if I someone had time to take a quick look at it? It¹s
very simple ‹ initialize the DART and loop back on the same channel.

If I can get this working, I¹ll add support for it in the BIOS.

Thanks!

Rich

--
Rich Cini