[N8VEM: 17089] Anyone selling an extended PCB backplane and/or a Cassette interface card?
Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-11 20:41:35 UTC
Hello to everyone!

I'm in search for an extended ECB backplane. Is there anyone wishing to
sell an unbuilt/partially built one? I've decided to mount my ECB cards
inside a rack chassis, and that would be of great help. I can pay at least
the original cost of the board, your sustained shipping costs to get the
board and the shipping to where I live. Anyway, make your price.

I'm also interested in the cassette interface card, if anyone has an
unbuilt one and wishes to part from it (for a price, of course).

Cheers,
Fabio
2014-01-12 00:24:52 UTC
Fabio,

The re-spin of the 12-slot ECB backplane has been waiting for enough
people to sign on to make a small order.

I have a reduced size version designed with two purposes:

1. Fit the Symatec 6508 Eurocard case (0.8" board spacing)
2. Be of general use; i.e., mount on a wooden base board

To fit the Symatec case, the board must be a 1/16" thick, not 1/8". If
mounted on a wooden base, stand-offs under the ends of the 96-pin DIN
connectors would remove all strain from the PC board during card
insertion/extraction.

The minimum order is 4 boards, and we can probably hold the cost to
around $40 each with that small an order. Shipping to Italy would be
$10. If you are interested, then that would make 3 of us; we need just
one more to place an order.

--John
yoda
2014-01-12 03:24:58 UTC
John,

You can put me down for one of the boards. I picked up one of the chassis off of eBay

Dave
Fabio Battaglia

Martin Lukasek
2014-01-12 08:51:42 UTC
Hi John,

I would like to go for one too.

Best regards

Martin
http://www.8bity.cz

Andrew Bingham
2014-01-12 11:05:49 UTC
John,

I picked up one of the chassis for $30 off eBay the last time it was
discussed, so put me down for one of the 12-slot ECB backplanes for the
6508 as well!

Andrew
Vince Mulhollon
2014-01-12 12:13:35 UTC
Post by John Coffman
The minimum order is 4 boards, and we can probably hold the cost to
around $40 each with that small an order. Shipping to Italy would be
$10. If you are interested, then that would make 3 of us; we need just
one more to place an order.
Let me know who to paypal and when, for qty one shipped to Wisconsin.
Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-12 15:20:57 UTC
Apparently there is quite an interest on the extended backplane.
The rack chassis I'll recover are two, so I'll increase the interest to two
boards.
John, just tell me where, when and how much money I need to PayPal.

Cheers,
Fabio
Wayne Warthen
2014-01-12 16:14:06 UTC
I am interested in quantity two John.

Wayne
Paul Birkel
2014-01-12 16:29:02 UTC
Please add me to your list for one extended PCB backplane John. The cost
ought to be dropping some by now :->.

Thanks,

paul