[N8VEM: 16679] 6x0x initial prototype boards have arrived
Andrew Lynch
2013-12-14 02:35:57 UTC
Hi

Good news! The initial 6x0x prototype boards have arrived. Unfortunately I
have forgotten who was the initial build and test team.

I think it was John and Dan for sure. Who else? Borut? Max? Please send
me your current shipping address and I will send out the boards.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch
Dan Werner
2013-12-14 03:02:33 UTC
Andrew,

My shipping address is:

John Coffman
7007 Dennison St
San Diego, CA 92122-2430
858-452-7155

--John
Kip Koon
2013-12-14 05:05:11 UTC
Hi Andrew!

If there are enough boards to go around to all the experienced test team
members, I would like to try my hand at building one if possible. If I make
the team, my address is

Kip Koon

1063 Huber St.

Manning, SC 29102

If there are enough members I can wait until the next go-round. Thank you
for considering my inclusion in this first round of tests of the new 6x0x
PCB boards. I appreciate it.

Kip

Borut

Andrew Lynch
2013-12-15 00:48:32 UTC
Hi! I've sent the initial 6x0x prototype boards to Dan, John, Borut, and
Kip. They should be there soon.

Good luck with your build and test. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

PS, Borut did you want this N8 board with your 6x0x? I have one with a
post-it note with your name on it. It is the last one.

Borut

Kip Koon
2013-12-19 11:10:50 UTC
Hi Andrew!

Thanks for having faith in my abilities and sending me a board. It arrived
yesterday and looks like it is in great shape. I will now begin to scour my
supplies and suppliers for parts. I'll have to do this in stages to keep
the cost down though, so I need to find out if the last update to the
schematic and PCB layout is current or not. I want to first build an
absolute minimal 6809 configuration to get my feet wet and to check out the
very basic configuration of the PCB. I have a few questions that I probably
can answer myself by looking at the schematics if the ones I have are
current. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sure I will have other
questions in the future since this is my very first build and a big one it
is! I'm really looking forward to it. Take care my friends.

Kip

Borut
2013-12-18 09:11:51 UTC
Andrew,

Do this initial boards have the same schema and board layout as pdfs you
published on N8VEM site?

Bo/
Andrew Lynch
2013-12-22 15:02:31 UTC
Hi Borut! Thanks!

I uploaded the latest version of the schematic and PCB layout files to the
wiki.

These reflect the current prototype boards I sent out.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

AG5AT
2013-12-23 20:22:53 UTC
Can someone tell us the part number and source for the SD Card socket?

I am trying to get my part sources lined up. The only place I found a 16
mhz oscillator was Newark. Mouser seems to have dropped all of the DIP
ones and Jameco doesn't do 16 mhz.

Aug
2013-12-23 23:24:42 UTC
Look at the 'configuration' list for the Dual SD card. Lots of part
numbers of sockets that are compatible, and sockets that are not. Many are
available from Digikey or Mouser.

The above configuration list also has the soldered personality jumpers
required for particular sockets.

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/71455971/dual%20SDcard%20configuration.pdf

--John
AG5AT

2013-12-24 07:23:33 UTC
Aug,

You'll like the FCI socket. It is the "push-push" type. Wayne has used
it now on two builds, and I have used it on one. I am trying out a
couple of different "push-pull" sockets on the SBC Mark IV (TEConn) and
the 6x0x (unknown brand).

Check the data sheets and make sure the CD and WP contacts are working
as you solder the tiny leads.

--John
Jim Strickland
2013-12-24 18:46:59 UTC
16mhz oscillators, along with every other variety I can think of, are available here.

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&category=search&template=search&templatehead=&templatebody=&templatefoot=&match=pattern&limitcategory=&type=store&searchtype=and&query=Oscillators&searchfields=sku%7Cbrand%7Cmodel%7Ckeywords&start=30

Alltronics also has a grab bag of oscillators cheap. Using a 10mhz in my Zeta

-jrs