[N8VEM: 19525] xi-8088 and backplane
Joe Smith
2015-04-22 02:29:03 UTC
I sent an e-mail to Sergey but, no response. I need to know before placing
an order for these if it will support my 16 bit ISA VGA board or not. I
don't think I can put the trident chip on the 8bit board without ruining it.
Sergey
2015-04-22 03:25:25 UTC
You will need a card that support 8-bit operation. Some 16-bit VGA cards support 8-bit operation and some don't. Trident 8900/9000 chips generally do work. But they need to be configured accordingly using jumpers. You might want to research vintage-computer.com forum. I think they had a list of known good 8-bit friendly cards.