[N8VEM: 17820] 6x0x uploaded to wiki
Andrew Lynch
2014-04-20 12:58:35 UTC
Hi

I uploaded the latest file set for the 6x0x to the wiki. I think this board
is ready for production. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch
2014-04-20 18:01:46 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
There is at least one problem on the PCB:&nbsp; the conduction area on
the top layer within P7 (SDcard) should be a hole in the ground
plane instead.&nbsp; It is a conduction area only during trace routing,
serving as a keep-out area.&nbsp; On the finished board it is an area of
no-traces to satisify the footprints of some SD sockets.<br>
I really wish Kicad had a better way of handling this situation.<br>
--John<br>
On 04/20/2014 05:58 AM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
type="cite">
charset=ISO-8859-1">
medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
to the wiki.&nbsp; I think this board is ready for production.&nbsp;
Thanks and have a nice day!<br>
Andrew Lynch<o:p></o:p></p>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
Andrew Bingham
2014-05-18 16:17:41 UTC
John,

Is this an appropriate fix? I went into the final .brd file in the 012
version Andrew L uploaded and deleted what I think is the zone you are
talking about so it is no-traces....

If this looks good I will upload it back to the wiki as revision 013.

Andrew B
There is at least one problem on the PCB: the conduction area on the top
layer within P7 (SDcard) should be a hole in the ground plane instead. It
is a conduction area only during trace routing, serving as a keep-out
area. On the finished board it is an area of no-traces to satisify the
footprints of some SD sockets.
I really wish Kicad had a better way of handling this situation.
--John