[N8VEM: 17192] Minor RomWBW Update
Wayne Warthen
2014-01-21 02:31:38 UTC
There were a few small things that had accumulated, so I have gone ahead
and posted a point release of RomWBW on the Wiki. As usual the release is
a large zip archive. The archive contains all source and the pre-built ROM
binaries. The Wiki page
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=RomWBW hosts
all of the RomWBW related files including RomWBW.zip<http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/47464605/RomWBW.zip>
.

First of all, this version DOES NOT include support for the Mark IV. An
alpha release of RomWBW has been placed in the Mark IV Board Folder at
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=ECB%20SBC%20Mark%20IV.
However, that version does NOT support anything other than the Mark IV, so
do not try to use it on other hardware.

There are only a few updates in this release. I would suggest you not
bother with this update unless one of the following items is important to
you:

- The EXM value for 360K floppy media was incorrect and has been fixed
(thank to Martin)
- The IO base address for the PPIDE driver was corrected in the config
files for both N8 variants (thanks to Arlen Michaels)
- Improved performance of PropIO firmware now makes it functional with
CPU clock speeds up to at least 8MHz (previous max was 6MHz). To take
advantage of this, simply update the PropIO firmware, no need to update the
CPU board ROM. (thanks to Marko)

On a related note, the location of the SVN repository for RomWBW has been
moved to Google Code. The project page is at
https://code.google.com/p/romwbw/ and you can directly browse the source
tree from there. You can point SVN tools at
http://romwbw.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ if you want.

Comments, questions, issues, complaints, suggestions, etc. always welcome!

Thanks,

Wayne