[N8VEM: 19712] CamelForth 1.0, Grant's 6809 Extended Basic, Cubix 1.3 & Flex 9 All Together on 1 Multicomp!
Kip Koon
2015-06-16 06:57:04 UTC
Hi Fellow Multicomp Enthusiasts,

Have I got your attention? I hope so. A friend of mine named Neal Crook has
been working for a while now on getting 4 different software packages to run
on the 6809 Multicomp from the same SD Card. He has successfully
incorporated CamelForth v1.0 25 Apr 95 into the ram of the FPGA chip so the
Multicomp boots up into CamelForth! He has modified it with new Forth words
including but not limited to these - BASIC, CUBIX and FLEX as well as words
for communication with the SD Card Interface. As you can guess, BASIC loads
and runs Grant's 6809 Extended Basic (unmodified) from the SD Card. CUBIX
loads and runs the Cubix Operating System (unmodified) and FLEX loads and
runs the FLEX 9.0 Operating system with 4 Drives online.

Currently, the Multicomp itself has 128KB of the 512KB Static Ram chip
available as that is the amount of static ram in Grant's original Multicomp
Design which he built his hardware from to create his memory mapper and to
test all this software on. However, after I told him what my Multicomp
PCBs have available, namely the 512KB chip with the ability of upgrading to
1MB, he started thinking of a way to modify his simple memory pager to
accommodate all 1MB of ram! I'm hoping he will have time to create this
modification to his memory mapper at some point in the near future. The
sooner the better I always say!

This 6809 Multicomp platform is what I have been waiting for, for a long
time. An inexpensive hardware system to finally run Flex 9 on only this
platform can run 4 different software systems from the same SD Card!
Whoo-Hoo! This is in the Beta test stage at the moment, but it seems to be
working fine so I thought I would send an invite to the 6809 enthusiasts out
there in N8VEM land and see how many Multicomp users might be interested in
this port of the 4 software packages mentioned above.

Check out his wiki page describing the whole process of preparing all the
software for the Multicomp at the link below.

< https://github.com/nealcrook/multicomp6809/wiki>

The Github Repository for the Multicomp 6809 VHDL code is at this link.

< https://github.com/nealcrook/multicomp6809>

The Github repository for the Multicomp Emulator is at this link.

< https://github.com/nealcrook/exec09>

A modified VHDL code base for the 6809 Multicomp is available straight from
Neal Crook or from my dropbox at the link below. I don't think he has put
it online yet.

< https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wyot7a9by02eo7t/AAAWgCzQb0_3EGz4ea9pYXnUa?dl=0>

It's compiled and ready to go. All you have to do is program your
Multicomp! Let's see what we can do with this new software set for our
Multicomps! Read the Web pages and Have Fun! Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

<mailto:***@sc.rr.com> ***@sc.rr.com

<http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>
Grant Searle