[N8VEM: 15806] Another Functional SBC v2
J. Alexander Jacocks
2013-04-01 01:31:56 UTC
I finished the assembly and testing of my SBC v2, and my DiskIO v3
board. All seems well, running RomWBW 2.1.1, with a 1gb industrial
flash module attached to the IDE interface on the DiskIO board.

I'm trying to install CP/M onto the flash module, but I can't find
writesys. It seems to have been removed from RomWBW. Is there a good
replacement?

Thanks!
- Alex
Douglas Goodall
2013-04-01 02:55:33 UTC
Alex,

sysgen

RomWBW 2.1.1 is kind of old, I suggest using a more recent version.

Douglas
Wayne Warthen
2013-04-01 04:00:59 UTC
Actually, 2.1.1 is the most recent official release of RomWBW.

I did just post a beta of 2.5, but urge caution using that as it is brand
new.

-Wayne
Douglas Goodall
2013-04-01 04:11:36 UTC
Sorry about that, my error.

Wayne is correct about the version number.

Douglas
Vince Mulhollon
2013-04-02 13:16:57 UTC
Post by J. Alexander Jacocks
I finished the assembly and testing of my SBC v2, and my DiskIO v3
board. All seems well
Cool. Which logic family? Just idly curious. I recently brought up the
same cards, I did mostly ALS logic family. 8 MHz.
J. Alexander Jacocks
2013-04-02 14:25:44 UTC
I mostly used ALS logic, but there was some LS logic, mixed in. Basically,
I used whatever the BoM said was required.

And, I used a 10MHz Z80, and 10MHz crystal.

Thanks!
- Alex