[N8VEM: 17566] 1.8432MHz oscillator
Bob Devries
2014-03-18 03:58:25 UTC
Hi Gang,

It seems to me that a half-can 1.8432MHz oscillator for CLK_UART is made of unobtainium at least on this side of the pacific. None of the local suppliers have them.

Looking at the PCB, there's room to use a full can oscillator there. Should the next version use a full can, or allow for either format?

I'm going to have to jury-rig a full-can oscillator into the available space.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia
Sergey
2014-03-18 04:22:03 UTC
I think I commented about that already... 16550 can work with a quartz resonator instead of the oscillator, it will need a couple of load capacitors and a 1 mega-ohm resistors. See the datasheet.
John Coffman
2014-03-18 05:53:05 UTC
Bob,

With a little insulating tape underneath, and a socket with the pins
trimmed, I used a full-can 1.8432Mhz oscillator on the SBC v2.

Sometimes you can get one size oscillator but not the other. It is
advantageous to be able to order parts from a minimum of different
suppliers.

--John
Tom Lafleur
2014-03-18 11:46:58 UTC
In stock at mouser....

Manufacturer Part #:
MXO45HST-3C-1M8432
Manufacturer Part #:
MXO45HS-3C-1M8432

And a few others.....

i~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~i

Tom Lafleur
(858) 759-9692
Tom Lafleur
2014-03-18 11:52:20 UTC
Parts below and this one also in stock at digikey....

Manufacturer Part Number
SG-531P 1.8432MC:ROHS

Tom Lafleur
(858) 759-9692