[N8VEM: 16503] Maybe I shouldn't re-invent the wheel....
James Igou
2013-11-14 21:46:50 UTC
Ladies and Gentleman,
Good day. My name is James Igou, and a very long time ago I worked for Middletown Electronics which also marketed products under Delmar Company.
We sold several different systems based on Peripheral Technologies' PT68K4 and K5 boards (68000 and 68020 systems tied to an ISA bus).
We also operated a local Radio Shack franchise and a Marine Electronics business.

So, about a month ago I started to collect parts for a Hitachu HD63C09E based system with 512K to 2MB of static ram, a Yamaha V9958 video display processor, and a Yamaha FM sound chip.

Since I had originally thought of using a TMS9918A VDP back when the Color Computer 2 was current, I actually thought this combination was somewhat original.

Pretty funny, huh?

Anyway, as my friends in the Color Computer community don't seem to be able to understand that I am NOT building a Color Computer, I thought I'd drop a line about my project here, take a few looks at your developments, and solicit some suggestions.

BTW - I am already thinking of switching to a V9990 VDP and I have a friend with a stock of 16 MHz Z80182 MCUs which I thought I might incorporate as an I/O processor and DMA chip.