[N8VEM: 17278] Greetings from my N8-2312!
Fabio Battaglia
2014-02-01 15:52:51 UTC
I almost finished building my N8 and decided to test the unit. Lucky me, I
got console output at the first test!
The board still has some components missing: I need a 7805 supporting 1.5A,
an oscillator to place in ASCI_OSC, and I need to build a front panel.
Also, I'd like to replace my 27C4001 EPROM with an EEPROM.
Most of the functionalities are untested: I only tried to format and write
on an SD card, no tests on sound, graphics, keyboard i/o, parallel port,
ide, etc.

Bye everyone!
Fabio

P.S.
Sorry for the bad quality of the photos, but I got so excited I took them
with the first thing I had at (shaky) hand!
Andrew Lynch
2014-02-01 18:06:06 UTC
Very nice Fabio!

That’s a great home brew computer you have!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Fabio Battaglia
2014-02-02 22:13:08 UTC
Post by Andrew Lynch
Very nice Fabio!
That’s a great home brew computer you have!
Thanks! I'm going on with the tests: composite output seems fine, and I
also built myself a small "front panel" to have some blinking lights and an
easy to reach reset button.

I think I can start reading a TMS9918A programming guide now: I need to see
some graphics on this machine!

Next boards to build are Wolfgang's RAM-Floppy and the S100 backplane. And
then I'll really have to look into building myself an S100 card cage... No
idea where to start on that one though.