[N8VEM: 15906] Zeta, Parportprop
Trey Cunningham
2013-05-22 00:52:13 UTC
Hi!
I joined this group earlier today, in order to buy the Zeta and Parportprop PCBs, along with the floppy disk controller listed in the zeta BOM. I read from the inventory page that I should contact Sergey if I'm interested in getting Zeta-related parts. So, how exactly do I place an order?

Sergey
2013-05-22 06:00:47 UTC
Sender: n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org

Hello Trey,

Welcome to the N8VEM group.

I do offer Zeta SBC and ParPortProp PCBs. I also have SST39SF040 flash
ROM ICs, which I can pre-program with the firmware for Zeta (which
helps in case you don't have your own EPROM programmer). Unfortunately
I am out of FDC9266 FDC ICs, but they are available from several
sellers on eBay.

The price for PCBs is $20 each (either Zeta SBC or ParPortProp). The
price for flash IC is $4. Shipping (USPS first class mail, no
tracking) is $3 in US, and $10 anywhere else.

I accept PayPal. My PayPal ID is skiselev-***@public.gmane.org

If you would like to order flash ROM IC, please let me know if you
want CP/M or ZSDOS one. (It is possible to reprogram the flash ROM in
system later in case you'll change your mind).

Thanks,
Sergey

Miller Cunningham III
2013-05-22 12:45:54 UTC
Hi Sergey, and thank you for such a quick reply!
I'd like to buy both the zeta and parportprop PCBs, along with a pre-programmed flash rom (because I don't have an eprom programmer, yet).
Are you willing to send it overnight? (I am willing to pay whatever cost, because I need to complete this project for my final independent study project.)

Sergey
2013-05-22 17:34:24 UTC
I am fully booked for today, so the earliest I can send the package
will be tomorrow morning. Assuming that you live in US, the fastest
shipping method seems to be USPS Express Mail, and it will cost about
$31.

Can you please elaborate what is that independent study project you're
working on?

Also what is your OS preference - CP/M or ZSDOS?

Thanks,
Sergey

Miller Cunningham III
2013-05-22 18:34:31 UTC
That's fine.
The goal I made was to create a simple computer using the Z80.
Earlier in the year, I've done some asm programming with the Gameboy Color, which also has a Z80 processor. It was an easy way to take control of hardware and what not. I've worked on C a lot, too. I've also done a bunch of things with linux.
My focus is pretty broad, but I just call it computer science/engineering.
The cost is fine.
In addition to the zeta and parportprop pcbs, I'd like to buy two roms with each os on either one.
I live in Washington, D.C.
My address is 3201 Stephenson Pl NW
zipcode: 20015
Thanks

Sergey
2013-05-22 19:05:02 UTC
That would be $48 for components and $31 for shipping (assuming you
want the USPS Express Mail). So the total is $79.

As far as your project, if "create" means "build" and you're fine. But
to my understanding it might also mean "design", and in this case
you're cheating.

Miller Cunningham III
2013-05-22 19:24:12 UTC
You're right, I intend to build one.
It doesn't, however, include design.

After setting up my paypal account, I will send $79 to your account.

Thank you!

Trey Cunningham
Thanks
Trey Cunningham
2013-05-23 00:43:08 UTC
Okay; I've sent the money to your Paypal account.
Thanks for your quick responses!