[N8VEM: 19335] Programs for the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator Basic Programming Contest
Kip Koon
2015-02-18 04:52:41 UTC
Hi (Potential) Contestants of the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator Basic Programming Contest,

I hope I have remembered every email list that might be interested. I would like to remind everyone who are interested in writing programs for the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator Basic Programming Contest to please send them to me when they are completed so I can gather them all together in one place. I would most certainly appreciate it. Thank you all for participating in this contest.

As you may or may not know, I wanted to come up with a way to celebrate the 51st Anniversary of the Birth of the BASIC Programming language at this year’s CoCoFEST. When I found the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator written by one of BASIC’s original creators that simulates Dartmouth’s student’s original Basic programming environment, I thought this would be an excellent way to celebrate one of the most well-known programming languages ever created - BASIC.

That is how this contest came to be, so if you are one of the many people with fond memories of learning how to program a computer in the Basic Language no matter what that computer might have been, then I would like to encourage you to enter this contest. You do not need to be able to attend the CoCoFEST to win though I encourage you to do so. We in the Glenside Color Computer Club welcome all people interested in our beloved 8-bit computers though we do put great emphasis on the Color Computer from Radio Shack. May Radio Shack rest in peace. Radio Shack was a place of many fond memories for me when I was a kid. I hate to see her go. Anyway, Happy Programming To All and To All A Good Night! I hope to see you all at the CoCoFEST! :)

Kip Koon

***@sc.rr.com