[N8VEM: 19369] Multicomps to be shown at this year's CoCoFEST in Lombard, IL
Kip Koon
2015-03-15 23:27:42 UTC
Hi Multicomp fans!

I thought I would let you guys know that I'm going to this year's Last
Chicago CoCoFEST in Lombard, IL at the Heron Point Inn held on April 25-26,
2015. I will be taking multiple Multicomps with all 3 microprocessors
represented to run the various Basic Interpreters and to Brag about how
small My MP/M II v2.1 Microcomputer is and it serves 2 users! I love this
stuff. I have not gotten Cubix running yet. I could probably use some help
with it. It seemed to be a no brainer for me, but my brain evidently went
on temporary Hiatus when I was working on it. I haven't worked on the 6809
Cubix Multicomp in quite a while. I'm also working on a Kipper SBC using
Grant Searle's 6 Chip 6809 Computer as inspiration for the folks on the Coco
list. I've been quite busy lately building various PCBs for Coco Folks as
well - an RGB2VGA Converter using the Altera DE-0 Nano that converts 15KHZ
VGA video to 31KHZ VGA video, a Wordpak2+ that runs on the Tandy Color
Computer which uses the Yamaha V9958 VDP, the Kipper SBC v1 with 3 different
memory maps with my own Kipper Bus Definition and a 512KB Static Ram Memory
upgrade for the Color Computer 3. The first two PCBs are other peoples
designs, but the modifications to Grant's 6 Chip 6809 Computer I made to
come up with the Kipper SBC v1 are mine with much help from Retro
Innovations. The 512KB SRAM PCB is also my design with much help from
Sylvain Rousseau. I'm having a ball! I hope you guys are doing well. I
thought you guys might want to know what I've been up to lately. How are
you folks doing? Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

<mailto:***@sc.rr.com> ***@sc.rr.com

<http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>
AG5AT

Kip Koon
2015-03-16 17:48:49 UTC
Hi Aug,

Thank you so much for your offer to help me get CUBIX up and running. I can’t seem to get my Cubix Multicomp to respond with anything on the screen so far.

I’m busy soldering 16 PCBs, so I’m in and out of the house, but when you have time, I’d like some pointers. I have the latest version (1.09 or 1.10?) of the Multicomp PCB working great for the Z80 running CP/M 2.0, CP/M 3.0, and MP/M II v2.1 so the 3 Multicomp PCBs with the place for 2 – 512KB SRAM chips on them should be fully functional. I have only populated the boards with one 512KB SRAM chip so far. What else should I check or have I just goofed with the VHDL code and or creating the SD Card properly?

Kip Koon

***@sc.rr.com

***@sc.rr.com <javascript:>