[N8VEM: 16977] My SBC V2, finally on the workbench!
Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-03 17:53:20 UTC
I finally soldered the latest component on my SBC V2 (the bicolor led), and
thus decided to start playing seriously with the board.
The SBC V2 is my first CP/M computer: while I had machines capable of
running some variant of it, I never tried, so this a new experience for me!

I've just setup my cross-development environment for CP/M using SDCC and
compiled my first working "hello world" application. Next thing is reading
up on BDOS structures/calls and have a thorough look at the board
schematics (starting with THIS<http://obsolescence.wix.com/obsolescence#!the-n8vem-sbc/c1saj/csbv/i1vu8>introduction).

Hopefully within next month I'll have my N8 and Zeta boards finished, so
that'll be quite a bunch of CP/M computers to have fun programming on!
Thanks to all the developers in here: N8VEM is really a great project and a
fantastic way to play and learn!

Attaching a photo of my SBC V2 on my desk (DiskIO V3 and backplane
included).