[N8VEM: 17037] N8-2312, compatible diodes for D2-D5?
Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-06 13:18:33 UTC
Hello,
I've been sifting through my stock to find components for my N8 build but
couldn't find the very same kind to solder on the PS/2 line lines (diodes
D2-D5).
The part list on the wiki specifies that these diodes should be low voltage
drop Germanium or Shottky (reccomended types 1N270 or 1N5280): but I could
find only BAT43 Shottky diodes.
From my understanding these should work decently, but I'd like some advice
on the matter from someone which knows better or might have some warning.

Thanks,
Fabio
2014-01-06 15:37:02 UTC
Hi Fabio,

BAT43 are good to go. Germanium types are rarity nowadays, and 1N5280 looks like a Zener, not regular diode.

Offtopic - PS/2 ports on N8 are connected as "wired-OR", and I don't see other HW around than the 8255. Are they really bit-banged :D?

Regards,
picmaster

Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-06 16:58:36 UTC
Post by p***@public.gmane.org
Hi Fabio,
BAT43 are good to go. Germanium types are rarity nowadays, and 1N5280 looks like a Zener, not regular diode.
Great! No need to search further then.
Thanks!
Dan Werner