[N8VEM: 19236] 8008 SBC with modern components
Kip Koon
2015-01-22 07:49:00 UTC
Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever built an 8008 SBC using modern components like CPLDs and/or
FPGAs in place of the ancient hard to get parts used in the first 8008 based
microcomputer? I'm looking at trying to do it on a small PCB, but obviously
not sure of the exact size yet. Any ideas, thoughts anyone?

Kip Koon

<mailto:***@sc.rr.com> ***@sc.rr.com

<http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>
Alan Cox
2015-01-22 10:45:04 UTC
I've written s software emulator and there is also an FPGA core on
opencores. I've not seen a board design using modern components..

The 8008 bus is heavily multiplexed so it would be a fun project. Many
designs also added extra I/O port l:ogic for things like a data stack which
the cpu itself lacked.

Alan