[N8VEM: 17305] Old School Math accelerator boards
joe.herdler-/
2014-02-07 16:13:15 UTC
Hi ALl,

I am in the process of building Sergey's Xi 8088 computer. There are lonly
maybe two boards other than Sergey's that I am interested in; a hard card
(which I have a 30 meg unit that works) and something that I cannot find
any thing out about anywhere, an old ISB bus math accelerator. Those were
popular back in the eighties and early nineties to speed up math intensive
computing, even when the PC had an 8087. Google has not been my friend with
this, and I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these or where one
might be found. I do remember that they were long format ISA cards and were
*loaded* with ICs.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Joe
Sergey
2014-02-07 23:53:24 UTC
Joe,

Why not to use XT-IDE or XT-CF / XT-CF-Lite for hard drive? That will allow
you to connect more modern (and easier to get) IDE disk or a Compact Flash
card. I had some XT-CF-Lite boards, but I am currently out of stock.
Perhaps Andrew will have some XT-IDE board.

Thanks,
Sergey