[N8VEM: 18734] PPIDE Avalability for new C't Magazin article
oscarv
2014-09-30 14:43:14 UTC
Hi all,

C't Magazin in Germany asked me to write a small follow-up article after
their N8VEM feature of last year.

It should be around adding the PPIDE for mass storage, and the software on
the N8VEM Demodisk (the one I posted here last year).

Question though: I don't think there's any PPIDE's in stock, nor is there a
contact person listed on the site.
Should I run a small batch myself, and if so, where can I find the latest
Gerbers?

Kind regards,

Oscar.
Wayne Warthen
2014-09-30 19:58:31 UTC
Hi Oscar,

Did you see the respin of the PPIDE that Ed Snider recently did?
See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/n8vem/97ylaFp5ciU/UobFzLRRkdwJ

The nice thing about these is that you can order them in lots of 3 directly
from Osh Park for under $12 total including shipping. I just got a set and
they work great and improve on the "fit" when connected to an SBC or the
SBC-188.

--Wayne
oscarv
2014-09-30 22:35:51 UTC
Wayne,

I missed that thread. Brilliant, I just put in an order.

This would be the perfect solution for all boards, actually.

Thanks!
Edward Snider
2014-10-01 13:17:46 UTC
Just to note, a piece of electrical tape (or some other insulator) on the
back of the board should probably
be used to prevent any potential contact with the oscillator can.
Although, if your oscillator is soldered
to the board rather than socketed, there should be plenty of clearance.

-Ed