[N8VEM: 18255] 24.576MHz
Frank Vanderydt
2014-06-16 19:08:12 UTC
Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade my clockspeed to 24.576Mhz with ratio 1:1 and
waitstates on 2, which settings do i need to change ?

I've got response from COM0 in my putty window, i see a boot but with
unreadable characters.
This is typical when the baudrate is not correct, i've tested it with
18.473MHz and it works normal.

Anybody out there smart enough who can help me get those settings right ?
baudrate and the Z180_CNTLB0 value...

ps: i've been reading a lot, the only part that could blow this is the
Alliance ram, it's maxed out at 22MHz with 55ns, most TTL parts can handle
25MHz, so it might be do-able.

Sincerely,

Frank
Frank Vanderydt
2014-06-16 21:46:39 UTC
Well it works, change value to 08H or 02H, with 3 waitstates it works, i'll
test more tomorrow, tested with SD/CF and bootable drives. 24,576MHz works