[N8VEM: 15894] ISA Super VGA and ISA Backplane (re)order
Sergey
2013-05-20 07:09:17 UTC

I'd like to make a batch of ISA Super VGA PCBs, and also re-order ISA
Backplane PCBs.

Does anyone interested in these PCBs? How many PCBs?

Estimated price for ISA Super VGA PCB is $10 and for ISA Backplane PCB
- $25, not including shipping.

Relevant projects' pages for your reference:
http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-supervga
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/60306006/ISA%20Backplane

Please note that assembling ISA Super VGA requires soldering of 160-
pin flat pack IC with 0.65 mm lead pitch. It is definitely doable, but
requires some soldering skills, magnifying glass, and a lot of
patience.

Best regards,
Sergey
J. Alexander Jacocks
2013-05-20 12:42:05 UTC
Post by Sergey
Hi,
I'd like to make a batch of ISA Super VGA PCBs, and also re-order ISA
Backplane PCBs.
Does anyone interested in these PCBs? How many PCBs?
Estimated price for ISA Super VGA PCB is $10 and for ISA Backplane PCB
- $25, not including shipping.
http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-supervga
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/60306006/ISA%20Backplane
Please note that assembling ISA Super VGA requires soldering of 160-
pin flat pack IC with 0.65 mm lead pitch. It is definitely doable, but
requires some soldering skills, magnifying glass, and a lot of
patience.
Best regards,
Sergey
Sergey,

I'm interested in the ISA Super VGA board.

Thanks!
- Alex
danwerner21
Wayne Warthen
2013-05-20 15:08:41 UTC
I would like one of the VGA PCB's Sergey. Not sure I will be able to do
the soldering, but worth a shot...

Let me know when you are ready for a PayPal.

--Wayne
Hi,
Brian Marstella
2013-05-21 08:36:23 UTC
Hi, Sergey,

Also interested in one of the SVGA boards.

Thanks.
Sergey
2013-05-31 22:20:55 UTC
Brian,

Your e-mail has some problems. At least I am not able to send e-mails
to you.

Thanks,
Sergey
Post by Brian Marstella
Hi, Sergey,
Also interested in one of the SVGA boards.
Thanks.
Brian.
Trey Cunningham
2013-05-22 02:09:30 UTC
Hello, Sergey!
I've been trying to figure out how to order PCBs for some time now, and I
attempted getting help without posting off-topic on your latest "thread,"
but this has become my last resort.
I'm planning to complete a build of the Zeta SBC, along with the
Parportprop board, for the final project of my high school independent
study course.
I've bought everything from Mouser, and now I'm just missing several things:
I need to buy those two PCBs (zeta and parportprop), and the floppy disk
controller (FDC9266) listed on the zeta BOM.
Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Hi,
Jim Harre
2013-06-02 22:13:53 UTC
I would like one ISA Backplane and two of the VGA boards.

Have you found a reliable source for the VGA controller chips?

Did you buy a special tip for soldering the flat-pack or file down a
regular tip to fit? Something else?

<*> Jim
Sergey
2013-06-03 05:48:06 UTC
Sender: n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org

Jim,

I didn't look for a reliable source of VGA chips, but I ordered a few
TVGA9000I-3 chips for my own use from Utsource back in January, they
were $10 at that time. Note that any version of TVGA9000I chip will do
(TVGA9000I-1, TVGA9000I-2, or TVGA9000I-3).
I am not really sure what are the differences between these chips, but
most probably they are some fixes for minor issues. Anyway, I have
another TVGA9000I-1 based card and it works just as well as my
TVGA9000I-3 based card.

I used regular 25W soldering iron with pointy tip, with a thin solder,
and used a desoldering braid to remove any solder bridges and excess
of solder. I'd recommend using magnifying glass for this work, and
also carefully inspect soldering connections.

Thanks,
Sergey
Sergey
2013-06-12 16:32:39 UTC
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=x-beenthere:mime-version:date:in-reply-to:references:user-agent
:x-http-via:x-http-useragent:message-id:subject:from:to
:x-original-sender:x-original-authentication-results:reply-to
:precedence:mailing-list:list-id:x-google-group-id:list-post
:list-help:list-archive:sender:list-unsubscribe:content-type;
bh=Bc5m5aqY3y73XyZUbbvq1hj/a3DUGl2TUEElQfpNI0A=;
b=ttgnV4KBY8oQcK1MI7LsVMlUwVaQ7/mqT4VzBQDifNpjjy3O+gEGxiz8K2fTnNq8G3
3bjTVV0vrvuUD249W73ahZT46352FcVnOcy/g3YzDJe60xv+S81V+2KiQ8G3HKzj1nzk
AgFSejQB2xltjDfViy6Cmdfh5ildr0QJMnhNzSZReHYSfbTSDnGMh3iSMBCYm24OjLbW
klfId7dwosnPfUFGygtCFRLEIcvAj1fh4GPysTOsLqhZNB2bEKD8azQK9hu2DqZvql0g
O4EKdQWv1mP7xQkddmAGaOFX91PmuKA2fvqMXYWDYMgtI4odTji/Z/U+fyvEL5EkW/bL
OWUQ==
Sender: n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org

Update: I ordered ISA SVGA, XT-CF-Lite, and ISA Backplane PCBs earlier
today, and I should have them ready in 3 weeks or so.
..I'd rather be coding ASM!
2013-06-13 04:41:06 UTC
Hi Sergey,

I still haven't sent you the money for the two boards and shipping to .au?

Is it to go to this email address with paypal? Can I also re-request the
total again? Also you mentioned a place where I may be able to track down
the chips? (Still nervous about soldering them)

Thanks again!

Al.
Post by Sergey
Update: I ordered ISA SVGA, XT-CF-Lite, and ISA Backplane PCBs earlier
today, and I should have them ready in 3 weeks or so.
Al Boyanich
adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain
roman fulek
2013-06-13 16:54:12 UTC
Can someone please post direct link to TVGA9000I chips ? Search at UTSource
finds nothing.

Dňa štvrtok, 13. júna 2013 6:41:06 UTC+2 ..I'd rather be coding ASM!
Sergey Kiselev
2013-06-13 17:37:53 UTC
Roman,

Go to http://www.utsource.net/ and type TVGA9000I in the search. It gives
me TVGA9000I-1, TVGA9000I-2, and TVGA9000I-3.

Thanks,
Sergey
roman fulek
2013-06-13 17:42:23 UTC
Thank. I always used ebay store before.

http://stores.ebay.com/UTSOURCE-STORE

there it finds nothing, strange.
Post by roman fulek
Can someone please post direct link to TVGA9000I chips ? Search at
UTSource finds nothing.
Dòa ¹tvrtok, 13. júna 2013 6:41:06 UTC+2 ..I'd rather be coding ASM!
Sergey
2013-07-02 02:01:20 UTC

I received ISA SVGA, ISA Backplane, and XT-CF-Lite PCBs from the
manufacturer. I also have other ISA PCBs as well as Zeta SBC and
ParPortProp PCBs.

Prices are:
ISA SVGA and XT-CF-Lite - $10 per board. (Same price for ISA Floppy disk
and Serial controller and ISA OPL2 PCBs).
ISA Backplane - $25 per board
Zeta SBC and ParPortProp - $20 per board.

Note that building ISA SVGA and XT-CF-Lite requires soldering SMT
components with 0.35 mm pitch. I've done that a few times successfully, and
so some other people who already built XT-CF-Lite and ISA SVGA. But still
it is more complicated than soldering through hole parts...

Thanks,
Sergey
Hi,