[N8VEM: 15806] Re: The ECB Dual SDcard interface boards have arrived
Wayne Warthen
2013-04-01 01:14:51 UTC
I have posted Beta 1 of RomWBW v2.5 on the Wiki. It contains very
preliminary support for the Dual SD card. Currently, it supports only the
first socket and does not utilize the card detect or write protect
features. I am working on all of that, but wanted to get something out
there for any builder that needs this preliminary support.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne Warthen
2013-04-03 04:04:00 UTC
Just posted Beta 2 on the Wiki. This release adds proper support for both
sockets, card detect logic, and write protect logic. Works very nicely.

If you use the N8VEM_dsd.rom firmware, you will get the following drive
mapping:

A:=RAM, B:=ROM, C:=SD0-0, D:=SD0-1, E:=SD1-0, F:=SD1-1

This may seem a bit confusing, but you read the SD device names like this:
SD<unit>-<slice>

So, for example, SD0-0 is slice 0 of SD card socket 0 (first card socket).
SD1-1 is slice 1 of card socket 1 (second card socket). Essentially, you
get two slices on the first socket and two slices on the second socket.

Please report any successes or failures here. The SD card driver is
largely rewritten and seems to have better compatibility with different SD
cards than ever before. I do not have any examples of cards that do not
work at this point.

Thanks,

Wayne
Douglas Goodall
2013-04-03 05:15:34 UTC
Friends,

The MAP command should be handling this ok because we tested 2drive a while back
and we had it working well, and the MAP command <set> and <view> both looked
good. I reformatted the display to accommodate extra drives a while back.

Let me know if you see anything "funny".

Douglas
Just posted Beta 2 on the Wiki. This release adds proper support for both sockets, card detect logic, and write protect logic. Works very nicely.
A:=RAM, B:=ROM, C:=SD0-0, D:=SD0-1, E:=SD1-0, F:=SD1-1