[N8VEM: 16235] N8 Home Computer quick questions
Richard Cini
2013-10-05 22:17:44 UTC
All --

I'm pulling together my parts list for building the N8 HC and I have a few
confirmatory questions based on the schematic:
* What are the proper oscillator frequencies for the CPU and floppy chips? I
think it's 16MHz and 18.432MHz, respectively, but I wanted to confirm. The
part number for the CPU looks like a 33MHz part.
* What is the part number for the 9VDC coaxial power jack?
* What is the part number for the SD card slot? DigiKey has 10 different
ones from TE Electronics and Wurth. Also, is a push-pull or ejector type
preferred for this part?
* P45. This is for the SuperCap. Is there a part number for this cap?
Thanks!

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers
2013-10-06 00:52:34 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Items I know about:<br>
On 10/05/2013 03:17 PM, Richard Cini wrote:
type="cite"><br>
<ul>
<li>What are the proper oscillator frequencies for the CPU and
floppy chips? I think it's 16MHz and 18.432MHz, respectively,
but I wanted to confirm. The part number for the CPU looks
like a 33MHz part.</li>
</ul>
FDC - 16Mhz<br>
type="cite">
<ul>
<li>What is the part number for the 9VDC coaxial power jack?</li>
<li>What is the part number for the SD card slot? DigiKey has 10
different ones from TE Electronics and Wurth. Also, is a
push-pull or ejector type preferred for this part?</li>
</ul>
Be sure to get a "top mount", as opposed to a "bottom mount".&nbsp; I am
not sure which one fits the N8 layout best.<br>
"Push-pull" or ejector "push-push" is your choice.&nbsp; If I remember
correctly, TEConn is push-pull, FCI is ejector.<br>
There is a whole list of SD connector part numbers on the Wiki below
the Dual SD card I/O board.&nbsp; Look for "connectors" in the text file
title.<br>
type="cite">
<ul>
<li>P45. This is for the SuperCap. Is there a part number for
this cap?</li>
</ul>
SuperCap:&nbsp; Jameco has one @ 0.22Farads, which fits ok.<br>
--John<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to n8vem+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org<br />