[N8VEM: 19000] Slightly OT: what to use to store and dispense flux remover
Richard Cini
2014-12-03 01:29:21 UTC
All ‹

I stupidly ordered solder flux remover not double-checking if it was an
aerosol spray or bulk. Well, I now have a bulk liquid can of the stuff. How
do I dispense it? I was thinking of a plastic (like Nagalene) wash bottle,
but I¹m open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers
Tom Lafleur
2014-12-03 03:50:08 UTC
FYI...

I make my own flux remover, 4 to 5 parts alcohol, one part acetone...
work very well....

I keep it in the aluminum 1 gal "alcohol" can from Home Depot...
All —
I stupidly ordered solder flux remover not double-checking if it was an
aerosol spray or bulk. Well, I now have a bulk liquid can of the stuff. How
do I dispense it? I was thinking of a plastic (like Nagalene) wash bottle,
but I’m open to suggestions.
Thanks!
Rich
--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/altair32
~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~

Tom Lafleur
Markus Klingsiek
2014-12-06 21:45:57 UTC
Hi!

Take a look at this video from Jeremy Saglimbeni. I do it that way, too:

http://thecustomgeek.com/2012/07/09/homemade-flux-remover/
Tom Lafleur
2014-12-07 16:31:38 UTC
I found that 50/50% mix is a bit to hot, so I'm now using 4 to 1 ratio,
works very well... and yes, it cheap!
I can get a 1 gal can of alcohol and a quart of acetone at Home Depot for
under $16... last a very long time...
Hi!

Richard Cini
2014-12-07 16:43:32 UTC
This is good stuff to know. I just bought two LDPE graduated squeeze bottles on Amazon. Mad scientist time!

Sent from my iPhone
I found that 50/50% mix is a bit to hot, so I'm now using 4 to 1 ratio, works very well... and yes, it cheap!
I can get a 1 gal can of alcohol and a quart of acetone at Home Depot for under $16... last a very long time...
Post by Markus Klingsiek
Hi!
http://thecustomgeek.com/2012/07/09/homemade-flux-remover/
All —
I stupidly ordered solder flux remover not double-checking if it was an aerosol spray or bulk. Well, I now have a bulk liquid can of the stuff. How do I dispense it? I was thinking of a plastic (like Nagalene) wash bottle, but I’m open to suggestions.
Thanks!
Rich