[N8VEM: 19197] MULTICOMP Success
Steve Smith
2015-01-07 09:24:52 UTC
Hi Guys,

I've been loitering for a while and I just wanted to say hello and to say
that I'd successfully got a MULTICOMP running.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-urRFPAd4JzE/VKz4WYjo8kI/AAAAAAAAEDc/lb4intoP1jE/s1600/MultiComp_COMB.jpg>
I was amazed how easy it was. Just cut'n'paste the relevant bits from
Grant's webpage. I went for the very basic 4k Z80 with one serial port but
that was enough to check it out. I'm looking in to programming the serial
flash next so I don't have to keep re-loading the configuration manually.

I'm now awaiting one of James' expansion boards so that I can easily access
the connection options and expand the RAM. My intention is to then mount
the whole thing on a baseboard or in a case to keep it sturdy and avoid
contact with conductive surfaces.

Steve - www.projectavr.com
Max Scane
2015-01-08 00:29:39 UTC
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the group. James' expansion board certainly makes it a lot
easier to interface to the FPGA and the connector placement should help wit
case selection.

I haven't looked at the options around putting the board in a case yet so I
will be interested follow your progress there.

Cheers!

Max
Kip Koon
2015-01-09 06:51:40 UTC
Hi Steve!

Congratulations on getting your first Multicomp functional! It feels so wonderful to get a new computer running! I remember when I first saw my Multicomp PCB up and running with 4KB of ram and a Z80 or 6809 microprocessor and BASIC running! I’ve played with all three processors at some point now and though I am still learning CP/M and MP/M I’m really loving this stuff!. Yes, I have the Z80 Multicomp fully functional running CP/M and MP/M II all on the same SD Card! Max and James both have done fantastic work! You are well on your way to enjoying retro technology on brand new technology! It’s amazing! A 25MHZ Z80 based computer running CP/M and MP/M!!! I love it! Have fun! Take care my friend.

Kip Koon

***@sc.rr.com