[N8VEM: 19387] ParPortProp Question
Alan Cox
2015-03-21 21:40:40 UTC
Can anyone tell me offhand which parallel port pins are actually
required to run a parportprop device. I've got an old 6809 box which
I'd really like to be able to use (at least for debug) with something
better than its TV output, but the parport on it does not have all of
the control lines (although it does have a 5v supply line).

Alan
Wayne Warthen
2015-03-22 14:58:03 UTC
Sergey did a good job writing up the board here:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/52472959/ParPortProp

Basically, PA0-7 and PC0-7 are required.

Follow the links in the page referenced above for the schematic.

Thanks,

Wayne
Borut
2015-03-22 21:04:41 UTC
Actually, you need 8 bits for bidirectional data and 5 bits for control, 4
output ( CS, A0, A1, R/W) and 1 input bit (ACK)
to communicate with propeller.
Check pages 7 and 16 of Printing ECB 6x0x-6U-013-sch.pdf.
The code for both prop and drivers for 6809 are in my FLEX09 port for
6x0x. I don't use the same names for signals as in
schema. ParPortProp probably works a bit differently, since the propeller
code is different.

Best regards,
Bo/
Alan Cox
2015-03-23 01:11:19 UTC
Thanks: Rather more bits than I have as the port isn't bidirectional.

Guess its bitbanging SPI time instead 8)