[N8VEM: 16004] trouble building ROMWBW2.5
Bob Devries
2013-06-25 02:10:01 UTC
I'm having a problem when trying to build a ROM from the ROMWBW2.5 sources.

First off, I wanted to change the CPUFREQ from the default 20 (MHz) to 8. So I edited config_zeta_std.asm to make that change.

I CD to the folder ROMWBW\tags\v2.5\Source

Then the command line for make is as follows:

make PLATFORM=ZETA CONFIG=std SYS=CPM ROMSIZE=512

The make stops with an error saying it can't open config_ZETA_.asm

It appears the the CONFIG variable is lost somehow. It idoes not appear in the build.inc file either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia
Wayne Warthen
2013-06-25 04:57:11 UTC
Hi Bob,

You are probably using the Linux build, right? Unfortunately, I don't have
a way to maintain the Linux makefile and I do not think it is currently
working. Sorry again...

--Wayne
Bob Devries
2013-06-25 05:58:13 UTC
Wayne,
I'm using the make.cmd since I don't have POWERSHELL.
It reads the makefile (not makefile.linux) in the source folder.

Has worked for me in the past, but it was a while ago...

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

Bill Lewis
2013-06-25 12:30:09 UTC
For what it's worth I tried building from the latest trunk with:

make PLATFORM=ZETA CONFIG=std SYS=CPM ROMSIZE=512

It worked OK after I used BuildApps.cmd to prime Apps/Output.

-Bill
Wayne Warthen
2013-06-26 00:13:06 UTC
Yes, this is working for me as well.

As Bill mentions, it would be best to run BuildApps.cmd first (which does
not require PowerShell).

By the way, in the version 2.5.1 I just uploaded, I have attempted to
coalesce the Linux and Windows version of the makefile in to a single
makefile using conditionals. I cannot prove it works under Linux, but is
working fine under Windows for me.

Thanks,

Wayne
Bob Devries
2013-06-26 00:57:06 UTC
Thanks very much, Wayne.

I just re-programmed my ZETA ROM, and it now works fine.

Thanks for your continued good work.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

Wayne Warthen
2013-06-26 01:26:59 UTC
I'm very relieved to hear this Bob. Your problem definitely caught me off
guard. I thought I had done a good job testing, but this just proves that
comprehensive testing of all the combinations is virtually impossible.

I encourage anyone trying RomWBW v2.5.x to post successes or failures.

Thanks,

Wayne