[N8VEM: 18743] N8 Home computer (2312 - With Sound and Video TMS9918)
Neslou
2014-10-01 17:50:16 UTC
Hi all,
Could someone point me to this excellent project?
I found some information but not in the workspace etc...

it is exactly what i would like to do :-)

Regards.
Neslou.
Martin Lukasek
2014-10-01 19:30:06 UTC
Board Information / ECB Processor Boards / ECB N8 previously known as the Home Computer / N8-2312 (aka N8-final)

In PCB Inventory it is written as N8 Home Computer

Regards

Martin

Neslou
2014-10-01 19:32:27 UTC
Thanks!
I have found this great picture :

Do you know if the schematics or boards are still available?
Regards.
Neslou.
Brian Marstella
2014-10-01 21:24:33 UTC
Hi, Neslou,

Under the same address that you found the picture, there is an inventory
list showing who has boards. Unfortunately, it looks like no one has
inventory for this board right now. Also at that address is a list of
folders that are broken down by board. The folder for the N8-2312 (N8 Home)
has all information needed to build the board. Look for a folder called
Board Information and then ECB Processor Boards. The N8 Home project folder
is inside that and has schematics, board layouts, etc.

Regards, Brian.
Neslou
2014-10-02 08:32:56 UTC
Hi All,
Thank You Brian. I begin to understand the three structure of the workspace
:-)
I have also download Schematics For the N8 Home Computer also name N-2312,
change the directory of the folder for the libraries with
"N8VEM-KiCAD-006.zip" but I still lack of some libraries like "power.lib" /
"device.lib" / "transistors.lib" / "linear.lib" etc...
Are these unfound libraries "standard"? Can I just download some from other
site that propose KiCAD library?
Thank in advance for your help..
I really want to build this N8-2312 board :-)

Regards.

Neslou.
Neslou

Edward Snider

Fabio Battaglia
Neslou
2014-10-03 04:37:20 UTC
Hi Fabio,
You already build one, great thing...
Do you kept your détails BOM list (Bill Of material)? I would like add some
element in KiCAD BOM(cf join file) :

1. MFG Name
2. MFG Part Num
3. 1st Distrib PN
4. 1st Distrib Link
5. 2nd Distrib PN
6. 2nd Distrib Link

We could have Manufacturer Name / Part Number / Link to Datasheet etc...

Regards.
Neslou.
Todd Goodman
2014-10-03 12:09:30 UTC
I replied before but I don't think it made it to the list.

I'm going to be reordering other boards this weekend and will order
this as well in the quantities needed to get the price down to $20
(i.e., at least 20.)

Todd
Post by Neslou
Hi Fabio,
You already build one, great thing...
Do you kept your détails BOM list (Bill Of material)? I would like add some
MFG Name
MFG Part Num
1st Distrib PN
1st Distrib Link
2nd Distrib PN
Neslou
2014-10-03 12:27:16 UTC
Great news,
I want one please, you can add me...
What is the process for ordering please?
What schematic do you use for the order? "ECB HC3-003.zip"?
Because, I am working on it in order to have a better BOM , more simple to
use after for ordering components...
Have a look at the attached picture if it not clear (I am French, so maybe
my English isn't so clear :-))
Regards.

Neslou.
Post by Edward Snider
I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do a run of these.
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
know I'd take a board or two.
Anyone else?
-Ed
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Brian Marstella
is inside that and has schematics, board layouts, etc.
Regards, Brian.
an
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
an
<javascript:>.
Todd Goodman
2014-10-03 14:22:26 UTC
Hi Neslou,

I will add you (and everyone else who has expressed interest) to the
list. I'll also order extras so anyone who wants one later can get
one.

I'm planning to use ECB HC3-003.zip.

I think your English is clear unless I'm misunderstanding something
(which is quite possible?) :-)

Regards,

Todd
Dylan Distasio
2014-10-03 16:01:46 UTC
I will take one also, please.
Post by Neslou
use after for ordering components...
Have a look at the attached picture if it not clear (I am French, so
maybe
Post by Neslou
my English isn't so clear :-))
Regards.
Neslou.
Post by Neslou
Hi Fabio,
You already build one, great thing...
Do you kept your détails BOM list (Bill Of material)? I would like add some
MFG Name
MFG Part Num
1st Distrib PN
1st Distrib Link
2nd Distrib PN
2nd Distrib Link
We could have Manufacturer Name / Part Number / Link to Datasheet
etc...
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Regards.
Neslou.
Post by Edward Snider
I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do a run of
these.
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
know I'd take a board or two.
Anyone else?
-Ed
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
other site that propose KiCAD library?
Thank in advance for your help..
I really want to build this N8-2312 board :-)
Regards.
Neslou.
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Brian Marstella
folder
is inside that and has schematics, board layouts, etc.
Regards, Brian.
send
Post by Neslou
Post by Todd Goodman
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
an
Brian Marstella
2014-10-03 18:19:08 UTC
Hi, Todd,

Thanks for organizing a group buy. I've been interested in getting another
board but hadn't really mentioned it to anyone as I haven't had time to
build anything lately. Let me know if you need the funds up front.

Regards, Brian.
Neslou
Neslou
steve shumaker
2014-10-03 23:58:45 UTC
Not sure when you started tracking names so this might be a
duplicate... Please put me down for 1 board.

Thanks

Steve Shumaker
Fabio Battaglia
2014-10-04 05:16:47 UTC
Great, Todd.
Reserve my usual 3 boards,
Thanks!
Fabio
Post by Edward Snider
I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do a run of these.
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
know I'd take a board or two.
Anyone else?
-Ed
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
RichLeary
2014-10-05 09:26:14 UTC
Todd - please put me down for two boards.

Thanks,

Rich Leary
Post by Edward Snider
I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do a run of these.
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
know I'd take a board or two.
Anyone else?
-Ed
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
Post by Neslou
Post by Brian Marstella
is inside that and has schematics, board layouts, etc.
Regards, Brian.
an
Post by Neslou
Post by Fabio Battaglia
Post by Edward Snider
an
<javascript:>.
Kip Koon
2014-10-06 02:12:56 UTC
Hi Todd!
I'd like to order 2 boards. Thank you. Please let me know when to send you the funds.

Kip Koon
computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org
http://computerpcdoc.com/

Edward Snider
2014-10-06 03:42:13 UTC
That's great Todd. Please put me down for two.

Thank you,

Ed
Neslou
2014-10-09 18:02:46 UTC
Any news regarding this board?
Regards.
Edward Snider
2014-10-10 05:18:21 UTC
According to the inventory page on the wiki, Todd ordered the boards on the
8th. It usually takes about 2 weeks to get them.

Ed

steve shumaker

steve shumaker

Brian Marstella
2014-10-02 14:44:15 UTC
If we can keep the cost around $20 each, I'd be interested in another as
well as I have one of the older boards. Unfortunately, between work and
classes I don't have time to organize the buy. If someone starts a list,
though, please include me for 1 board.

Regards, Brian.
Neslou
2014-10-02 17:58:59 UTC
I can organize and do the job (i mean with correct schematics / BOM List /
Gerber Files Validated) i am ok to contact manufacturer and buy some
samples...
But the better personn to answer is the author of the schematics, because i
think we could also make suggestion for improve this board later?
Regards.
Neslou.
Edward Snider
2014-10-03 03:44:11 UTC
Neslou,

Just a couple of things that may be worth mentioning...

It looks like the latest KiCad files on this board are in the file "ECB
HC3-003.zip", uploaded 4 months ago.
They look like they are good to go.

I don't know if you had a fabricator in mind, but the group has been using
PCBCart with great success, great quality and pricing.
It usually takes an order of 20 boards or more to keep it at or under the
usual $20 per board.

-Ed
Neslou
2014-10-03 04:27:42 UTC
Hi Edward,
Yes i have found finally the "ECB HC3-003.zip" you mentionned and
effectively it seems to be the V1 Version Aka N8-2312.
I am checking those schematics at this moment with my installation of Kicad
i was in trouble yesterday...but now everything is ok (Library/footprint/3D)
I have effectively a manufacturer in mind but just for prototype so in case
everything go well why not why PCBCart after.
I don't want to take the "responsability to order 20 pieces for the
moment...as far as i am still in a Learning process, i will make a try with
few samples first (try, fail, retry etc...)
I will post my progression during my long journey, because i think that
hardware in only 30% of the aventure :-)

Regards.

Neslou.