[N8VEM: 19342] XT-IDE-CF Lite "ROM checksum error"
e***@googlemail.com
2015-02-22 14:56:45 UTC
Hi!

I just intended to put my CD-IDE Lite card into operation.

http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/xt-cf-lite

Unfortunately, the link to the BIOS download is broken:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=bWFsaW5vdi5jb218d3d3fGd4OjM5NjljZWZjZDk2M2I5N2I

I tried instead following 8kb V1.1.5 image:

https://code.google.com/p/xtideuniversalbios/

which I managed to write succesfully with my Willem Epromer (verify ok).

Testing of the card using several different I/O and ROM addresses always fail
with the Error Message:

"Optional ROM bad checksum"

I am using a Commodore PC-10 II XT with a VGA card and no other expansions installed, like Tezza did it:

http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2014-08-16-xtcf-lite.htm

The PC is fine.

Does anybody has an idea what is wrong here?

Thanks very much in advance
Stephan
Sergey
2015-02-23 07:33:11 UTC
Hi Stephan,

Can you please try using the attached file? I am not completely sure if it
is the right one though :-)
Your card should be configured for I/O address 300h.

Regarding ROM bad checksum error - I think you have to run the XT-IDE BIOS
configuration utility prior to programming the image to EEPROM, it will fix
the checksum.
V1.1.5 will not work with XT-CF-Lite though. Even the latest released
2.0.0b3 version will not. The attached image is from SVN revison r528 with
some additional changes. If I am not mistaken the support has been added in
XT-IDE BIOS SVN trunk...

Thanks,
Sergey

(I really need to find some time and fix the download on my page).