[N8VEM: 16602] Raw disk images for CUBIX and DOS/65
Borut
2013-12-04 08:43:51 UTC
Hi!

Could please anyone with a working N8VEM CUBIX or DOS/65 system make raw
images of
disks, zip them and post them here or upload them to N8VEM site?
The best would be Images with system and utility programs on them, but also
empty disks
would be appreciated.

Borut
Dan Werner
2013-12-04 15:40:47 UTC
There should be DOS/65 disk images posted on the WIKI in my DOS/65
distribution zip files.

Are those images not working for you? (note that they are for the original
Disk IO card, and I have not been able to make the time to update them yet
. . )

Cubix also only supports the original Disk IO, and I will try to find and
post my disk images in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Dan
Borut
2013-12-04 19:30:35 UTC
Dan, i only found two .D64 images in docs folder of distribution zip files.
I didn't consider them because D64 are Commodore 64 images with varying
number of sectors per track and i would prefer a cp/m style format with a
fixed number of sectors per track.
I have to change the disk drivers anyway, since my system uses a Propeller
i/o subsystem very similar to the new 6x0x board.
It uses disk images on SD card as virtual disks. I built it upon code from
David Mehaffy (yoda) with some tweaks first for
68HC11 FLEX2 port, then FLEX9 port for N8VEM 6809 board and now i would
first like to port Cubix to the same N8VEM board
and then port DOS/65 to a similar configuration with 6502.
If you can make raw images (on linux dd will do it and something has to
exist in M$ world), i can mount and use them.
Porting is much easier if i have an existing image of a disk, since i can
test parts of system as they come up.

Best regards,
Borut
Dan Werner
2013-12-05 03:18:53 UTC
the "DOS65 serial-stand alone- quick start*.zip files" have disk images
that are compatible with rawwrite. They also include rewrite.exe and rom
images ready to burn. Just choose the zip file with the newest date.
Dan Werner
Borut

Borut
2013-12-08 23:23:59 UTC
Dan, Aug,

Could one of you please make the raw image of a disk with cubix utilities.
My port is working so far with an image from Cubix simulator, but i can't
use any utilities from disk, since they were assembled for the
original cubix memory arrangement. I can build an image by hand but it will
take me a while.
Thanks in advance,

Bo/
AG5AT
2013-12-04 20:05:42 UTC
Dan and All,

I am very close to having a KUBXPRPA.ASM, KUBXPRPC.ASM and lterm.asm
Changed the names to protect the "innocent". These use hbios calls which
make them immune to the disk controller. The only thing that I don't have
will be Zip drive stuff, due to the fact that there isn't currently any in
RomWBW. The floppy support in RomWBW is way faster than what is there in
mterm.

August
In Arkansas
AG5AT