[N8VEM: 17318] ECB Prop IO V2
Wayne Warthen
2014-02-14 15:50:54 UTC
Hi Folks,

I had a few prototypes made of PropIO V2 which is a respin of the original
PropIO. The prototype worked well and I was able to use it at the fastest
speed that my SBC runs which is 16MHz. I am in the process of having a
production run of these made and will be offered to builders for the normal
prices. While I would like to know how much interest there is in these, I
am not ready to accept any orders. You can just post here if you think you
will want one when they are available in a few weeks.

The specifics of the board are posted on the Wiki here:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=ECB%20Prop%20IO%20V2.
It works with the prior RomWBW PropIO builds, but the board itself uses a
slightly changed Propeller firmware which is posted on the Wiki.

I do have one prototype board left that I have no use for and would be
happy to send it to the first taker (no charge). This prototype board
requires one simple patch (no cuts) as documented on the Wiki. The
production run will not need this patch.

Thanks,

Wayne
Fabio Battaglia
Fabio Battaglia
Wolfgang Kabatzke
2014-02-14 15:59:18 UTC
Post by Wayne Warthen
[...]
Hello Wayne,

may I have the PCB (prototype) which left over? I need this because I
must wait too long and I have no other chance to improve the speed of my
system.

Thank You and best regards

Wolfgang
--
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hansastrasse 9

DE - 21 502 Geesthacht
Deutschland / Germany

Phone: +49 4152 93 18 130 NEW!!!
Fabio Battaglia
Wayne Warthen

Wolfgang Kabatzke
2014-02-14 16:08:49 UTC
Post by Wayne Warthen
[...]

IÂŽm so happy! Thank You so much! My shipping address is:

Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hansastrasse 9

D - 21 502 Geesthacht
Germany / Deutschland

IÂŽm so happy that I can "speed up" my Z80... with RAMFloppy... Actual
IÂŽm working on an active ECB-Bus-Termination (only for Z80) because I
have the feeling that we could have some bus-problems if we have quick
IO-Traffic.

I let You and the group informed.

No ... go for sports!

Best regards

Wolfgang
--
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hansastrasse 9

DE - 21 502 Geesthacht
Deutschland / Germany

Phone: +49 4152 93 18 130 NEW!!!
yoda
2014-02-14 16:08:05 UTC
Hi Wayne

I am glad you were able to implement the flip flop to get around the
propeller speed which I had proposed long ago but never got the chance to
do (actually I had thought of nand gates in a SR wiring but 7474 works too.
Sounds like you have taker for spare board so I will wait for the
production run I guess. Have you had a chance to look at better display
code - that is something I will look at when I get some spare cycles. I am
also looking at another alternative for display that will do text and hi
res graphics but it is probably several months off - got to get the decks
cleared of some boards and code that needs to be written for the S100-68k
board.

Dave
Wayne Warthen
2014-02-14 17:30:10 UTC
No, I have not had a chance to look at the display code. I know that Dan
swapped in a better driver for the new 6x0x board that allowed individual
character colors which sounds like a major improvement. Should be possible
to implement true VT-100 character colors. I don't expect to have much
time for a while, so if you get a chance to look at the display code, that
would be great.

Thanks,

Wayne
Edward Snider