[N8VEM: 16334] Disk IO v3, DSKY & RomWBW
opticpow
2013-10-22 12:23:12 UTC
Hi All, containing my quest to expand my build, I'm working to the DSKY.
When compiling RomWBW for DSKY support, I've noticed that I need to turn
off PPIDE support, which makes perfect sense as the Parallel Port is busy.

I've noticed that disabling PPIDE turns off the IDE on the DIOv3. Does the
DIOv3 emulate a PPIDE? Can i compile support for both at the same time?

Wayne.
Wayne Warthen
2013-10-22 15:02:08 UTC
Hi Wayne,

Despite the comment in the config file, it should be OK to enable PPIDE
along with DSKY *IF* you have the PPIDEIOB (iobase address) set to
something other than the DSK address. For DIOv3, PPIDEIOB shoiuld be set
to $20 which will not conflict with DSKY. I think I just need to clarify
the comments in the config file.

Please try it and let me know if it works (it should).

Thanks,

Wayne

In theory, you should be able to enable DSKY as well as PPIDE for DIOv3.
Just make sure that