[N8VEM: 16943] New Dos/65 release (w/ParPortProp Support)
Dan Werner
2014-01-02 04:22:00 UTC
While waiting for all of the parts to show up for the new 6x0x processor
board, I figured I would get a jump start on the coding for DOS/65 uning my
existing 6x0x stand alone boardset and a ParPortProp. I just posted a new
verision of DOS/65 that now supports the ParPortProp as a console and a
disk for DOS/65. It also has a new version (not quite finished yet . . . )
of the ParPortProp code that supports ANSI command codes, including full
color. Becuase on the 6x0x the ParPortProp does not connetc to an 8255,
but a 6522 it was necessary to re-work the communications a bit, so this
version of the propeller code will not work with any prior rom versions
without modifications. (Sorry!)

There have also been quite a few bug fixes and additions to the DBasic
interpreter that is included in this distribution. I included ROM images
for both the 6x0x board and the ParPortProp board, but I did not take the
time to create a disk image for the SD card as I was unsure of the level of
interest in this configuration of the old 6x0x boards.

If anyone is interested in trying this config, let me know and I will put
together some instructions for the old board set. Otherwise this is a
sneak peek of some of the functionality that should be available on the new
6x0x board. (and there will be full docs and quick start disk images for
that board once it is complete and debugged)

Dan
Wayne Warthen

Dan Werner

Borut
2014-01-02 08:21:35 UTC
Hi Dan!
I would definitely be interested. I wanted to do this myself, since i did
it on 6809 with cubix and flex9 in preparation for the new board,
but thani got sidetracked with sk* dos and 68xxx.

Thanks,

Bo/
Dan Werner

Dan Werner
2014-01-03 04:49:54 UTC
I just uploaded DOS65-PPP-Quickstart.ZIP. It has a PDF in the file (along with all of the compiled programs and rom images) which should give step by step instructions on bringing up a DOS/65 ParPortProp system.

Borut
2014-01-05 20:07:25 UTC
Dan,

I assume you are using a similar cable as required to connect Zeta and
ParPortProp and you have a separate supply for ParPortProp.
The cable goes into P10 on mezzanine IO. How do you prepare the SD card?

Thanks,

Bo/
Dan Werner
2014-01-06 00:05:29 UTC
Correct on the cables and the power supply. I did not need to prep the SD card, the era A:*.* cleared the directory area with no problems.

Jim Strickland

Dan Werner

Jim Strickland