[N8VEM: 19694] ECB CPU board w/ Motorola MC68030
John Coffman
2015-06-18 13:03:34 UTC
<head>

</head>
Preliminary information has been uploaded regarding an experimental
ECB 3U (100mm x 160mm) board using the Motorola MC68030 chip.&nbsp; This
board would represent a major upgrade to the existing Mini-M68k CPU
board.<br>
The page on the Wiki is at:&nbsp; <a
href="http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/97436211/KISS%2068030">http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/97436211/KISS%2068030</a><br>
The board uses DRAM, which is new to all of the N8VEM project.&nbsp;
GAL22V10 PLD's plus 74F support chips comprise the dynamic RAM
controller.<br>
--John<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
G. Beat
2015-06-19 17:48:36 UTC
John -
Thanks for update. I will need to check, I may have a spare 68030 in the parts drawer.

Greg
Chicago
2015-06-22 07:10:39 UTC
To Motorola fans:

The N8VEM ECB Motorola 68030 board is ready to be sent out for
production. The only thing to be determined is how many prototypes to
order in the first manufacturing round. If you are serious about
participating in the first shakeout of this design, please advise me
early in the week.

*** This is a board requiring 72-pin SIMM sockets, a PGA socket, and GAL
programming. There are no SMD's. ***

The board cost will be held at $25 for the 4-layer design, plus the
usual shipping options; plus a plea for charitable contributions to help
cover the up-front PCB manufacturing setup charges.

Contact me directly at <johninsd AT gmail.com> if you are interested.

--John
Post by John Coffman
Preliminary information has been uploaded regarding an experimental
ECB 3U (100mm x 160mm) board using the Motorola MC68030 chip. This
Ian May
2015-06-22 14:14:22 UTC
Hi John, what type(s) of 72-pin SIMM have you been using with this board? I
am guessing fast page RAM but have you tried/does it work with EDO?
Cheers, Ian.
Post by John Coffman
The N8VEM ECB Motorola 68030 board is ready to be sent out for
production. The only thing to be determined is how many prototypes to
order in the first manufacturing round. If you are serious about
participating in the first shakeout of this design, please advise me early
in the week.
*** This is a board requiring 72-pin SIMM sockets, a PGA socket, and GAL
programming. There are no SMD's. ***
The board cost will be held at $25 for the 4-layer design, plus the usual
shipping options; plus a plea for charitable contributions to help cover
the up-front PCB manufacturing setup charges.
Contact me directly at <johninsd AT gmail.com> if you are interested.
--John
Preliminary information has been uploaded regarding an experimental ECB 3U
(100mm x 160mm) board using the Motorola MC68030 chip. This board would
represent a major upgrade to the existing Mini-M68k CPU board.
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/97436211/KISS%2068030
The board uses DRAM, which is new to all of the N8VEM project. GAL22V10
2015-06-22 15:01:18 UTC
Ian,

The timing parameters I am using should work with both FPM and EDO
memories. CAS is held until AS is deasserted, which should allow a very
wide range of DRAMs to operate.

--John
Post by John Coffman
The N8VEM ECB Motorola 68030 board is ready to be sent out for
production. The only thing to be determined is how many prototypes to
order in the first manufacturing round. If you are serious about
participating in the first shakeout of this design, please advise me early
in the week.
*** This is a board requiring 72-pin SIMM sockets, a PGA socket, and GAL
programming. There are no SMD's. ***
The board cost will be held at $25 for the 4-layer design, plus the usual
shipping options; plus a plea for charitable contributions to help cover
the up-front PCB manufacturing setup charges.
Contact me directly at <johninsd AT gmail.com> if you are interested.
--John
Preliminary information has been uploaded regarding an experimental ECB
3U (100mm x 160mm) board using the Motorola MC68030 chip. This board would