[N8VEM: 17370] Looking for a simple low cost PS/2 keyboard interface circuit.
Leslie Anderson
2014-02-20 09:03:40 UTC
Hi.

I'm new to home-brew microcomputers , and the N8VEM group. As a newbie I'm
still on a steep learning curve and have come across several parts of my
design that I need help with.

1) I need a circuit to read a PS/2 keyboard... either using a
micro-controller or CPLD etc.. but there's quite a few designs on the web
and I just Ideally need a low cost single chip solution... does anyone have
any pointers ?

2) I'm looking at the MAX705 as a RESET/PWR on reset circuit.. is there
anything better out there that I could use for this function. Both to give
a reliable Manual Reset and a Stable Power on Reset function ?

Best Regards
Lez
oscarv
2014-02-20 12:13:35 UTC
Lez,

Re the PS/2 interfacing, you may get a clear idea from these two links:

PS/2 keyboard on two pins of the 8255 parallel port. The schematics of the
N8VEM VDU card show the (very simple) hardware side:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/47979210/Printing%20VDU%20V2-sch.pdf
and the accompanying source code is here:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/4201437/vduterm.ASM

Regards,
Dan Werner

neilbradley
2014-03-02 03:18:36 UTC
Try one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271411089275

The data sheet is in the link. Super simple PS/2 interfacing, and cheap.

-->Neil