[N8VEM: 16355] RomWBW and PropIO- Terminal
Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
2013-10-24 10:45:48 UTC
Hi friends,

I need Your help. IŽm planning to built up the PropIO for ECB as my
"terminal" for the computer. I have an cheal LCD-Display 640*480 with
VGA-Interface as Monitor and an PC-keyboard to interact with my system.
In RomWBW I found one file to programm the EEPROM of the PropIO.

Must i programm 2 EEPROM with the same image or need I special images? The
is no documentation in Wiki but for my understandig is one Propeller for
VGA and the other Propeller for keyboard/SD-card. Is this correct? In my
directory of RomWBW 2.5.2 is in the subdirectory only the file
PropIO.eeprom.

WhatŽs about an PCB? I there one left over for me?

Best regards

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Kabatzke
2013-10-24 16:53:03 UTC
Post by Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hi friends,
I need Your help. I惴 planning to built up the PropIO for ECB as my
"terminal" for the computer. I have an cheal LCD-Display 640*480 with
VGA-Interface as Monitor and an PC-keyboard to interact with my system.
In RomWBW I found one file to programm the EEPROM of the PropIO.
Must i programm 2 EEPROM with the same image or need I special images?
The is no documentation in Wiki but for my understandig is one
Propeller for VGA and the other Propeller for keyboard/SD-card. Is
this correct? In my directory of RomWBW 2.5.2 is in the subdirectory
only the file PropIO.eeprom.
What愀 about an PCB? I there one left over for me?
Best regards
Wolfgang

i fixed the question "by myself".The second Propeller is not used for
the terminal application.

So, but what愀 about an PCB? Normally I need the ProTerm from Sergey...
Sergey: have You an PCB for me please?

Best regards

Wolfgang

PS: Is PropTerm included in RomWBW?
--
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hansastrasse 9

DE - 21 502 Geesthacht
Deutschland / Germany

Phone: +49 4152 93 18 130 NEW!!!
Wayne Warthen
2013-10-24 22:05:13 UTC
Hi Wolfgang,

Yes, you are right. The second Propeller chip on the PropIO has never been
used. It was designed to be for future expansion, but no one ever did
anything with it to the best of my knowledge. So, yes, there is only the
one piece of firmware as you found.

Next, I wanted to clear something thing up. The "PropTerm" is a PCB that
Sergey began to design, but was never completed. So, there really has
never been a PropTerm PCB available.

On the other hand, PropIO has been produced for some time. The last I
heard, Andrew has run out of them and was interested in a respin that
improved the design to allow operation at Z80 clock speeds greater than
6MHz. There has been some design work on this, but I'm not positive what
Andrew's thoughts are about producing it. The design is changed enough
that it may make sense for it to go through a prototype round... not sure.

Thanks,

Wayne
Post by Wolfgang Kabatzke
Post by Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Hi friends,
I need Your help. Iï¿œm planning to built up the PropIO for ECB as my
"terminal" for the computer. I have an cheal LCD-Display 640*480 with
VGA-Interface as Monitor and an PC-keyboard to interact with my system.
In RomWBW I found one file to programm the EEPROM of the PropIO.
Must i programm 2 EEPROM with the same image or need I special images?
The is no documentation in Wiki but for my understandig is one
Propeller for VGA and the other Propeller for keyboard/SD-card. Is
this correct? In my directory of RomWBW 2.5.2 is in the subdirectory
only the file PropIO.eeprom.
Whatï¿œs about an PCB? I there one left over for me?
Best regards
Wolfgang
i fixed the question "by myself".The second Propeller is not used for
the terminal application.
So, but whatï¿œs about an PCB? Normally I need the ProTerm from Sergey...
Andrew Lynch
2013-10-25 00:38:05 UTC
Hi

My plan is to produce the respin PropIO or PropTerm along with the respin
ColorVDU board. I’ve already ordered the SBC-188 and mini-68K so I am
waiting for them to arrive. Of late I am getting sort of task saturated
again and 6x0x has absorbed all of my attention. Hopefully we can get
moving on those prototype boards and get them into build and test. Then
move on to some of these other projects too. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
2013-10-25 05:38:29 UTC
Hi Wayne,

ok, I see it. Is the PropTerm from Sergey inside RomWBW so that I may use
it if I have an PropTerm-PCB?

Regards

Wolfgang
Wayne Warthen
2013-10-25 23:52:47 UTC
There is no support for PropTerm inside RomWBW because the PropTerm PCB was
never completed.

--Wayne

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:38:29 PM UTC-7, Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
Dr. Wolfgang Kabatzke
2013-10-26 12:01:36 UTC
Hi Wayne,

yes, You are right. But from my point of view is PropTerm the same hardware
like ParPortProp for ZETA and the differences are only in the 8255. In
PropTerm the 8255 is on the PropTerm PCB and in ParPortProp the 8255 is on
the Z80 SBC of the ZETA.

So is must be not so hard to realize the final PCB of PropTerm and
implement this in RomWBW.

What do You think about this?

Best regards

Wolfgang
Wayne Warthen
2013-10-26 15:38:59 UTC
Now I see what you are asking. Yes, the ParPortProp firmware and driver would be trivial to adapt to the PropTerm if it were produced.

Thanks,

Wayne