[N8VEM: 18984] 68k system - what do I need?
Richard Cini
2014-11-29 23:16:38 UTC
All ‹

Maybe another project in the offing ‹ for a 68k system using the mini-68k
board, what do I need/should I have besides the CPU card and the MF/PIC card
(which I already have)? Maybe another dual-SD card?

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers
2014-11-30 01:46:00 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Rich,<br>
The Mini-68K and MF/PIC comprise a running 68000 system.<br>
The IDE connector on the MF/PIC card can be used for a pair of CF
card "disks."&nbsp; AFAIK, there is no driver for SDcards at this time.<br>
CP/M-68 will boot from ROM.&nbsp; Primary partition type 0x52 on the CF
card(s) is used as a CP/M disk up to 512Mb,<br>
busting the former 8Mb size limit.<br>
--John<br>
On 11/29/2014 03:16 PM, Richard Cini wrote:
type="cite">
another project in the offing &#8212; for a 68k system using the
mini-68k board, what do I need/should I have besides the CPU
card and the MF/PIC card (which I already have)? Maybe another
dual-SD card?</div>
href="http://www.classiccmp.org/cini">http://www.classiccmp.org/cini</a></div>
href="http://www.classiccmp.org/altair32">http://www.classiccmp.org/altair32</a></div>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:***@googlegroups.com">***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+***@googlegroups.com">n8vem+***@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
Richard Cini
2014-11-30 01:52:30 UTC
John ‹

Thanks a lot. I have most of the 68k parts ³in stock² as well.

Rich

From: John Coffman <***@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM
To: N8VEM-Post <***@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [N8VEM: 18986] 68k system - what do I need?

Rich,

The Mini-68K and MF/PIC comprise a running 68000 system.

The IDE connector on the MF/PIC card can be used for a pair of CF card
"disks." AFAIK, there is no driver for SDcards at this time.

CP/M-68 will boot from ROM. Primary partition type 0x52 on the CF card(s)
is used as a CP/M disk up to 512Mb,
busting the former 8Mb size limit.

--John