[N8VEM: 18052] 18 Slot Backplane
John Ralph
2014-05-11 20:53:04 UTC
Hi All, Ant,

I'm still trying to catch up on emails after a disk failure, and wondered
if (I missed any?) there was any news or updates on the state of the 18
Slot S100 Backplane & ATX PSU board order from a month or so back?

cheers, Ian
2014-05-12 01:31:57 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
There are two 18-slot N8VEM backplanes:&nbsp; ECB and S-100<br>
Did you mean to ask on the S-100 Google group?<br>
--John<br>
(FYI:&nbsp; I have the ECB backplane.)<br>
On 05/11/2014 01:53 PM, John Ralph wrote:
cite="mid:CA+gLQMpFH8PZw4cnnNVno+ZmSRsPE1mq-4-Q-1djdnfaLuGx4g-JsoAwUIsXosN+***@public.gmane.org"
type="cite">
and wondered if (I missed any?) there was any news or updates on
the state of the 18 Slot S100 Backplane &amp; ATX PSU board
order from a month or so back?</div>
-- <br>
Groups "N8VEM" group.<br>
send an email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
To post to this group, send email to <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem">http://groups.google.com/group/n8vem</a>.<br>
For more options, visit <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout">https://groups.google.com/d/optout</a>.<br>

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;N8VEM&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org">n8vem+unsubscribe-/***@public.gmane.org</a>.<br />
John Ralph
2014-05-12 01:43:56 UTC
Sorry John, S-100, my mistake!
There are two 18-slot N8VEM backplanes: ECB and S-100
Did you mean to ask on the S-100 Google group?
--John
(FYI: I have the ECB backplane.)
Kip Koon
2014-05-12 02:35:36 UTC
Kip Koon

<mailto:computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org> computerdoc-***@public.gmane.org

<http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>

<http://computerpcdoc.com/> http://computerpcdoc.com/

Hi John!

An ECB 18-Slot Backplane? Really? I didn't know that. Very interesting.
Do we have that many ECB format PCBs designed up and ready to go to fill
that thing? Wow! Something else to look forward to. Take care my friend.

Kip

2014-05-12 05:38:52 UTC
Kip,

You just brought me back to reality after a total brain short-circuit.

With the discussion about a re-do of the 8-slot ECB backplane, I read
anything larger than 8 as "Extended Backplane," meaning to me the ECB
12-slot for the 505-6508 chassis.

There is no 18-slot ECB backplane. My apologies for any confusion I
have created. 12-slots is as high as we go with the ECB Kontron bus.

--John
Post by Kip Koon
Kip Koon
http://computerpcdoc.com/
Hi John!
An ECB 18-Slot Backplane? Really? I didn't know that. Very
interesting. Do we have that many ECB format PCBs designed up and
ready to go to fill that thing? Wow! Something else to look forward
to. Take care my friend.
Kip
Behalf Of *John Coffman
Fabio Battaglia
2014-05-13 05:20:33 UTC
A few weeks ago Ants contacted me to say that he has the backplanes and
would come back soon with shipping costs. But I have not heard from him
since.
Maybe you should write on n8vem-s100
Ants Pants
2014-05-13 05:25:36 UTC
Post by John Ralph
Hi All,
sorry about any confusion that is going on and the late contacts. i have
just been super super busy with Uni/Work lately. i have boards packaged up
and ready to go, i just have to go into DHL and ship them as DHL is across
the other side of town, i just haven't had time for this yet. my deepest
apologies for the lateness of the shipments. i will be finishing
everything off this week and will notify when shipped!

Kind Regards,
Ants
John Ralph
2014-05-15 03:15:44 UTC
Hi Antony, no problems for me at all, I don't particularly worry how long
it takes as I know everyone's time is limited, I just wasn't sure if I'd
missed notifications when my computer was out of action, especially as I've
never seen so many messages over the years as I've seen lately from these
groups!

It's been a hive of activity!

cheers, Ian